Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TaylorOG, Nov 14, 2011.

1. A lot of times when I get a good high going a get a mild case of OCD and I just start cleaning without realizing it. For example, waked and baked earlier, now my kitchen is spotless. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that does this, what do you guys think? Is this just because of the weed or what?

Toke on! :smoking:

2. Kind of the opposite for me. I have OCD, and when I'm baked I completely forget about it :).

3. Really? That's good that it gets your mind off of it, how is it when you're not high?

4. I have guilt driven OCD and boy is it tough. But pot helps a little, keeps my mind from sticking to one thought and getting me anxious and guilty. Although it doesn't make me forget completely, it does help. My ativan helps tremendously but the side effects arent worth it.

5. I don't compulsively clean or anything. Basically, I have to repeat a certain phrase either in my mind or out loud, or else I'll freak out. It's related to a certain event which I'm not quite obligated to tell the internet about :eek:. I've had it since I was twelve, but I've never considered it severe enough to see a psychiatrist about.

6. Toke on, man! I'd take natural herb over any meds any day of the week.

7. Right right. But yeah man you don't have to say anything lol. I think I have some OCD somewhere deep in my brain, weed brings It out!

8. You could be more motivated because of it.

I have OCD with a few facets of life (i.e. germs) and I find it helps ease my mind a lot, but if the paranoia starts, the cannabis and OCD make a terrible pair.

9. I have tich so when that kicks in I usually dont stop

10. Yea bro i'm like you. When i'm sober i clean when i have to. But when i'm high everything has to be spotless or i won't enjoy myself.

11. Like lk250f said, I have guilt OCD. Ill just be like "Ahhh fuck it, Ill skip homework tonight." And like 10 minuets later I feel bad and I go do it. This is with everything I put off. Except mowing the grass. Fuck that :cool:

12. My mom is like this. She'll smoke, then start cleaning and moving furniture around the house. Super funny to watch.

13. That happened to me when I lived with my parents in high school, but only because I was worried I would get caught.