Obesity

Discussion in 'General' started by nancy22, Oct 30, 2007.

1. I'm overweight... The majority of my family is also overweight. I'm currently cutting back and have lost 20lbs... No pills. All I've done is ate breakfest and did 1 hour of cardio a week. Another member of my family at the same age has started taking a diet pill not for sure which one, and started working out twice a week and has only lost 6 lbs... Don't rely on pills. Although it could be genes... Just saying...

2. try and dedicate yourself to exercising & water, maybe 30mins to 1 hour on a bike or treadmill a day/every 2 days, weights, all that good shit. its amazing how much you can relax after exercising.

3. I'd say loose the weight by just exercising. I played sports in high school, and I continue to run and lift on occasion to stay in shape. Diet pills are just a waste of money in my opinion. Exercising gives you a good buzz, and its actually worth while.

good luck :)

4. This is a good method to approach when trying to lose weight.

Water is a main source of life on this planet and is also one of the worlds greatest detoxifiers. Drink it as much as possible.

:D

5. I went from being a 175 avg in highschool to hitting 215 my last year in college. It was a direct result of no exercise + poor eating habits.

So earlier this year I went out and bought myself a treadmill, a bottle of hydroxycut, and changed my eating habits. I dropped 40 lbs in 2 months running 20 minutes 2 times a day, eating home cooked food (chicken, rice, salads), and drinking nothing but WATER. ALso, cutting out the little snacks here and there was key (candybars, chips, shit like that). Snack on fruit....theres nothing like a real good orange or some fresh grapes as a snack.

I dont really think the hydroxycut actually makes that much of a difference. I thought they were working, I thought they were giving me energy and helping me burn calories, but I think it was all in my mind. I'm pretty sure that all the weight I lost was because of good eating habits and a good consistant workout plan.

Being in good physical condition goes beyond just how you look physically, it does wonders for your mind as well.

I believe 100% that fastfood industries serve legal poison. The food they serve destroys the body & the mind, and can be just as addictive as cigarettes or alcohol.

6. I've eleimnated meats (and therefore most fast foods and fried foods) from my diet. I am trying to start exercising but I'm lazy so idk. I do know the veg think has helped keep my weight stable in college.

7. Even if you don't exercise much, you can boost your metabolism by eating four or five small meals per day, rather than three large ones. The body handles that type of ingestion much easier and you end up losing weight and finding yourself with more energy during the day.

8. Diet pills are just expensive exlax dude, I lost over 30 pounds in two months by walking like 3-4 miles every day, and I didn't change ANY of my eating habits :p I was doing the 4 miles a day cereal diet lol

9. I wouldn't trust them to be safe. Thats just my bet.

10. i lost 60 pounds i took zantrex 3 and got a job in the summer. its not that hard

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. The protein in meat is pretty necessary for gaining muscle, so I wouldn't suggest that.

12. You don't need a pill to lose weight, go for a fucking run.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. There's some stuff called L-Carnitine that kind of helps you metabolise fat among other things...but...it does so by passing them through your body...so if you eat the fatty food, you shit liquid...I'd only ever use it sparingly and when you're actually in control of your diet...if you eat deep fried food on it...you're in for some shit.

I'd suggest a few things that might help.

Most importantly, fuck off sugar - if you're a stoner it's likely to feature in your diet...chocolate, cookies, candy, worst of all carbonated beverages...it's hard, but ditch that shit.
    Fat is bad, yes - but sugar helps your body store fat by being a more readily available/faster burning energy source, where your body would otherwise take from your fat reserves.

Drink lots of water.

Go to gym...just start light...get yourself moving for an hour a day. Or even every second day. Start with some low intensity strength training and cardio.
    Have an instructor write a programme for you and JUST. GO.
    Just getting there is the biggest battle, I know this, but when you're there it goes on autopilot.
    Don't hit weights until you've worked on your strength training and core a little bit...do not let ego drive.

Take walks. Less screen time. Nobody just walks for the sake of it any more...and sometimes even people that live within walking distance of the shops, still drive there.

Assess your behaviour. Be honest with yourself.
    If I asked you right now, what you think the problems are, what would you say?

Hydration and sleeping 6 hours (at least) for every 24 is invaluable - helps your body recover, heal.

Buy some good runners/shoes. Nothing kills determination more than sore feet or ankles.
    Get a pair of New Balance. They're worth it.

If you drink coffee or tea, reduce your sugar by 30%.
    Try throwing in some green tea (with jasmine tastes a bit better) as an occasional replacement - its also great to drink sugar free as a water equivalent.

Have a cheat day, but not a dickheaded cheat day....know where to stop.

Good luck...I'm in the same journey too.

14. #15 erdem, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Dr. HE Obesity Clinic est une organisation de soins de santé avec des patients du monde entier, une main-d’œuvre professionnelle expérimentée, un niveau de service élevé et plus de 20 ans d’expérience. Les patients qui ont un indice de mesure corporelle supérieur à 25 kg/m2, qui ont essayé des régimes et de l’exercice mais n’ont pas pu perdre le poids, ou ceux qui recherchent un traitement non chirurgical pour leur obésité peuvent recevoir un traitement par ballon gastrique.

15. whoa... 13 year old thread

16. I'm pretty fat right now but I am trying to lose weight. I wouldn't trust a pill. The best way to lose weight is the old fashioned way: eat less and exercise more. Peace.

17. If you are an obesity patient and want to get rid of this condition, you should definitely prefer an operation. Especially sleeve gastrectomy, gastric balloon or gastric by-pass surgery may be very suitable for you.

I suggest you look at this site: Letsmedi

18. it is not that simple or EASY. How did you become obese? Check out how many stars had the surgery, lost a ton of wt, wrote a book & 5 years out gained it all back + some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #20 HazelMoon, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    My friend had the surgery. Guess what happened to her???
    She had gotten up to 500 lbs. Not healthy but I remember trying to talk her out of the surgery. I had a bad feeling it was going to backfire.
    And it did!!! She looked great but there was the sagging skin that she couldn't afford to get removed. The worst happened in 2014 though. She got cervical and bladder cancer, both of them. Bc malabsorption was an issue, certain things weren't being absorbed through the small intestine. The cancer cells were going right into her blood right away. She died in about 72 hours.
    Weight Watchers is the best for me. Not intimidating, you don't have restrictions, you just have to portion and keep track of all the foods you can eat WITHOUT counting anything. Some foods are 0 points.
    Best of luck to you!