Obama speech about Libya

Discussion in 'General' started by BudBrain, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Gadaffi: Anyone who attacks Libya awaits "hell".

Obama: Military action will be used if Gadaffi does not comply with ceasefire.

WW3 anyone?

2. Soooooo sick of our government

3. So much for no foreign intervention, but something needs to be done! I reckon the US and UK should just move in now before he gets a chance to use his chemical weapons. Nostradamus predicted another anti-christ just like hitler and saddam, i think gadaffi is number 3, he also predicted the world would end when theres a black president, and something about the moon and stars, i cant remember but the libyan flag has moon and stars on it, but who knows what the future holds??
    Gadaffi needs to be put out - AND FAST!

4. Uh... WW3?

A fly crushed by a little plastic grid connected to a coat-hanger wire is the image that came to mind.

5. Didn't Gaddafi announce a cease fire?

6. You do know that in order to have a "World War" you have to have more than two countries involved, right? There is roughly around 195 countries in the world, that's a hell of a lot of people that have to go "war? Oh, okay."

7. Well, the UN is a bunch of countries... but they're not really up against a bunch of other countries. This would be more like a gangbang than a war if it happens.

8. "If he does not comply, the international community will impose consequences," said Mr Obama. "The resolution will be enforced by military action."

But the US president stressed that the initiative was an international effort.

"The United States is not going to deploy ground troops into Libya and we're not going to use force to go beyond a well-defined goal, specifically the protection of civilians in Libya," he said.
    BBC News - Libya unrest: Barack Obama gives Gaddafi ultimatum

also the arab league was in favor of the no fly zone over libya and have suspended libyas membership to the league. and the US stated that they would not invade

9. I see pummeling air strikes by US forces and wouldn't rule out ground troops even though we are stretched thin. I'm sure the CIA and Navy Seals have already reconned the area.

10. We have more important orders at hand. I left my weed in my friends car.

11. motha fuckin keanu reeves has spoken.

12. There have been more evil people than Hitler and Saddam, although I think I would leave Hitler in the 3 antichrists. Imo Stalin was more evil than Saddam for sure. Rulers like Ivan the Terrible and so many other historical figures are worse... there are so many evil people in history and so many varying levels of subjective perceptions of evil... it's too complex to define it simply by naming the 3 best, in my very, very stoned opinion.

And for all the naysaying people... I think the World War 3 thing was more of a loose term for the fact that America, the world's biggest power involved means that many countries would have to back it with military and it could potentially be at a large international scale. World War 3 is a bit of an exaggeration I believe.

13. #13 BudBrain, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    You mean a fly-swatter?

After i posted this. But apparently he has already violated it.

OK u maybe right i was shit at history in school, but i thought world war 2 started off with england and germany and had that knock on effect, the same way the egyptians kicked off, then libyans, and now yemen and syria too, and lebanon? thought all those countries want a new government? And now there is foreign intervention which wasnt suppsed to even happen in the first place so alot of gadaffis side are not happy...Something is gonna come out of it. It cant just be over like that, the brits and many other countries are still sending their war planes to allied bases in europe, so it shows they dont exactly trust him which is why thier taking in "observers" from turkey, malta, china... to convince the people of other nations that they are commited to the ceasefire... but somehow i dont think they are.

I could just wikipedia it and find out but im too lazy lol i know it involved alot of countries but it was germans who made the first move on poland then france and england intervened??

14. Like i said i was shit at history and tbh i am really stoned right now , did stalin and ivan kill thier own people like hitler, saddam and gadaffi? Never heard of those 2 before, i might have shot myself in the foot here lol but i admit it at least :p

15. you know, these people dont have FREEDOM

give em freedom, tax the rich

16. shit president

17. Some dumb people in this thread.

18. Hurr Durr dont like him so send boyz in to blow shit up then make a movie about it and americans can forever proclaim their awesomeness by relating back to that moment..

amiryt.jpg?

19. no, not really

20. Do any of you guys know who Ron Paul is? Just wondering with all the corrupt media out there. I'm Australian so I want to know some Americans' opinions (it is somewhat related to the original post so don't think I'm going off-topic).