Obama sending U.S. Troops back to Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HighMountainSkier, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Syrian War's Spillover Threatens a Fragile Iraq (New York Times)

Here we go again.

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5qZ9GrBf4w]Rick Perry Says He Would Send Troops Back To Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

Obama stooped to Rick Perrys level.. Wow..

3. My favorite part is that it was "at the request of the Iraqi government."

4. Right. Isn't their government just various puppets we've placed in there?

$100 says he'll wait until after the election to do it, though.

5. I think he'll send troops there before the election. Just in a way that's less suspicious, such as taking troops from Afghanistan and sending them to Iraq and then sending more troops to Afghanistan for a second "surge."

I almost feel like he has to send them there now because I feel like after the election it'll be time to intervene in Syria and do that whole deal so he'd probably want troops close by and training in a similar environment, at least IMO.

6. not surprising at all. they said special forces units. those guy are everywhere, doing all kinds of crazy missions.

theres spec ops guys in africa and shit, no one talks about that. All obama is doing is continuing to do what hes been doing the whole time.

7. With all that is happening in the middle east we are most certainly heading towards some kind of WW3 if not something similar if something isnt done. Especially if Iran gets that nuclear bomb because if they do they'll either use it or try to provoke Israel into a war by some sort of attack through terrorist groups. Then of course the US would get involved if they go to war and then China would back Iran and everyone would back everyone until it's full blown war.

8. they would be bombed to the stone age before they get any nuke.

if they had a nuke we would not be able to invade... thats the point.

9. If we bomb Iran we run the risk of China getting involved. America would not bomb Iran. Iran is going to either get it or Israel would launch a preemptive strike and either way we end with the same result of China helping out Iran and America helping out Israel and so on and so on. The dominoes are ready to fall. All we need is someone to push the first one down.

10. We simply are on the brink of East vs West. America, Europe and Australia (not sure where Japan stands, they have a funny relationship with China) versus all of Asia and a little of Eastern Europe/Middle East.

You all think we're going to live that shit?

11. [quote name='"Nerd139"']

If we bomb Iran we run the risk of China getting involved. America would not bomb Iran. Iran is going to either get it or Israel would launch a preemptive strike and either way we end with the same result of China helping out Iran and America helping out Israel and so on and so on. The dominoes are ready to fall. All we need is someone to push the first one down.[/quote]

China wouldn't dare go to war with NATO. Neither side could win. It would end in a nuclear holocaust.

12. Fall Out. Get them bottle caps ready.

13. Japan would be on our side or be neutral. Especially after what happened in the previous wars, plus with the added benefit at taking out China. Maybe there would be another war and all humans will die. Hell for all we know the human race could be almost annihilated and then a new and better society forms.

14. [quote name='"Nerd139"']

Japan would be on our side or be neutral. Especially after what happened in the previous wars, plus with the added benefit at taking out China. Maybe there would be another war and all humans will die. Hell for all we know the human race could be almost annihilated and then a new and better society forms.[/quote]

Japan barely has a military. In any conflict the US is obligated to defend Japan.

15. Yeah that's true but it wont be full blown WW3 over a couple of islands though. Plus America has like a bunch of businesses there. They wont want a full blown war with China.

16. It's quite naive to assume that any of this was ever about the islands.

17. Im not assuming im just going by the facts presented to me. If I dont see anything to the contrary I have to go by what I know.