Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Obama May Actually Help

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dilbuck, Feb 7, 2009.

1. i love it

''The president believes that federal resources should not be used to circumvent state laws, and as he continues to appoint senior leadership to fill out the ranks of the federal government, he expects them to review their policies with that in mind,"

2. Haha, looks like they're trying to get as much in as possible before things change.

3. [​IMG]
    Exccellent . . .

4. That is Friggin' HUGE!!!!

Thanks for that...it really made my day!!!!

I have hoped since I was a young person that before I kick off, I could legally grow and use MJ.

I was in a very bad car accident, that permanently fucked up my neck in 2001. I also have significant, and intractable pain in my lower back.

I just got my MMJ card in Dec 08. I am having my grow rooms put in now. I still have the stigma and fear of getting caught, and although I am not paranoid, I am extremely cautious. Extremely.

If this stuff finally gets done (the Federal Government reversing it's 70 year old stance on marijuana), and gets done right, I could realize my dream (although losing part of the use of my neck is a fairly steep price to pay to be able to have a doctor recommend MMJ) before I kick off.

How insanely great would it be to see such a reversal of policy?

By the way...for any that may not already know, here is a great read on why weed was made illegal in the first place.

It would seem absolutely ironic, and poetic, that our first Black president would also be the one to reverse a racially motivated law, in the first place...LOL:

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

I saw an excellent history channel documentary on why pot was made illegal that backs up what this article states, pretty darn closely. One item they brought up on that show was that after the 1937 law went into effect, a study was done on marijuana by 4 or so highly respected New York State doctors, at the request of then Mayor of New York City, Mayor LaGuardia. They spent like 4 years studying the effects of marijuana, and in particular, how actual effects lined up with what the drug czar at the time and the people that wanted to make it illegal said the effects were (Reefer Madness, et al). The study came back debunking literally every claim made about marijuana, and that report has gone completely ignored ever since.

The kicker was that the drug czar at the time actually paid to have that study done, and all of what they said pot did was untrue.

This is really fantastic news, though. Thanks Again!

5. Made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

-Djslife