Obama is not the droid you're looking for.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by shaggyflasko, Mar 10, 2009.

1. In fact, the federal government is the last political body that will effect change. Stop looking to our federal leaders to make compassionate decisions for the good of the people, it's not their job anymore.

What we need to focus on is our state laws, where we're making notable progress. I know of five or six states that currently have marijuana laws pending and, unlike in D.C., have a chance to pass.

If you want to change the laws, go out and tell your friends to contact the people who give at least half of a rats ass about your vote. A good tactic is to have sit-ins in a place of your choosing, where the participants take turns calling their local legislators. You would be surprised how a series of 10-20 phone calls from different people but all relating to the same issue, week after week, can change minds.

This is a grass roots movement, so lets change the trunk and the branches will follow. Any decision made from the top down will not be for the good of the people.

P.S. There's never been a case of someone being arrested for calling in support of marijuana legislation.

2. Bangin' metaphor.

3. I'd bet my cock and three balls that Obama wont change anything.

4. I don't think anyone's really going to really CHANGE anything in a major way for a good while, certainly after Obama's out of office.

The thing for me is that Obama openly admits he smoked and inhaled and has a very light view towards pot. The fact that the president himself is so comfortable with marijuana and it's harmlessness is a HUGE improvement in itself in my eyes.

my $.02 haha :smoke: