Obama Authorizes Predator Drone Strikes in Libya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StayHighAllDay, Apr 22, 2011.

1. #1 StayHighAllDay, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
    Just to recap:
    - It's not a war
    - we are not taking sides; this is a humanitarian peacekeeping (ie flowers and sunshine) kind of a mission
    - HOWEVER, Qaddafi MUST go and we're going to bomb the shit out of him with tomahawk missiles and predator drone strikes ensure that happens.

Good job Barack. Nothing like kicking Al Qaeda's ass (in Iraq) and helping them (in Libya) at the same time!

He's Barack Obama, he's come to save the day!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94]YouTube - He's Barack Obama[/ame]

2. I read somewhere recently that our predator drone use in 2011 yields 3 dead "bad guys" for every 100 people they murder. Give that mother fucker another Nobel Peace Prize!

I'm sure there won't be any blowback or unintended consequences from Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Yemen (I might have missed a few). Aside from 9/11 that is. After that, it's smooth sailing. DROP THOSE BOMBS! KILL SOME PEOPLE FOR 'MERICA!!!! and FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

3. Don't care. Destroy the Muslim State.

4. Don't care. Bush did it.

5. So what do you guys think of this? " Fucik brown people"? Or "not my problem", well it actually is your problem its the further spreading of a disease that is republican/democrat neoliberal and neo conservative policies that are fucking destroying this country. And to try to visualize the magnitude to how incompetent our political system is, understand this: About 15% of the population (I.e. Independents) are actually deciding our elections more significantly than anyone else. Because about 38% (note: number estimated-stoned) of america is decided on one side and about 40% (note: number estimated-stoned) is decided on another side, so we can move them aside and just look at the 10-15% that's deciding our elections each time. And each time it goes either 2 branches of the government. Fuck American politics. Any fool with a few million, connections and a Harvard degree can become president so easily. You see 'mericans don't vote for a good policy maker. 'Mericans don't vote for someone who is a qualified, competent lawmaker. 'Mericans don't go to the voting booth and pick the guy that has the credentials and competence necessary to lead a world. No, that's not what 'Mericans do. (okay i'm going to stop spelling 'mericans out like that :D) Americans vote for whoever is the best actor. Americans pick whoever is the most liked by the media. Americans pick the guy their friends picked, even if they don't necessarily like that friend. Americans vote the POTUS because he's hot....that's a disgrace. Americans (and this has actually been studied and documented by social scientists) vote for some to be the POTUS, the leader of the world, because he is the first on the list. So if you're a incompetent, skeezy, piece of shit that just so happens to be choice number 'A' on the ballet, you have a better chance to be elected.

(okay I lied that thing)

'Merica, Fuck you.
    [​IMG]

6. Ill take proof up in this hizzy, link plz

7. Do you mean Islamic state?

I think you forget your own countries history pal. The USA fought wars and gave 100,000's of American lives to give people the right to decide how they may, or may not, worship and lead their own lives.

I dislike lots about America, as I do about Scotland - I admit it, but you should hang your head in shame and remember those Americans who died for all of us.

:poke:

8. Let's not forget the meaning of this thread......................

Just to recap:
    - It's not a war
    - we are not taking sides; this is a humanitarian peacekeeping (ie flowers and sunshine) kind of a mission
    - HOWEVER, Qaddafi MUST go and we're going to bomb the shit out of him with tomahawk missiles and predator drone strikes ensure that happens.

Good job Barack. Nothing like kicking Al Qaeda's ass (in Iraq) and helping them (in Libya) at the same time!

He's Barack Obama, he's come to save the day!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94]YouTube - He's Barack Obama[/ame]

9. Op-Ed Contributors - Death From Above, Outrage Down Below - NYTimes.com

It all depends on how you define "militant", some sources say only 10% are civilians, some say 30%, this one says 98%... probably somewhere in the middle.

10. Didn't see this (or something of the sort) coming at all. :rolleyes:

11. #12 CREAM, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
    I know there is at least one difference between this war and Iraq (a tangible rebel uprising), but that doesn't matter, war is war.

So with that in mind...Where in the fuck are all these million people protests? I never showed up (but supported them in 2003) then, and probably wouldn't protest now either. But the anti-war movement has now officially confused the fuck out of me, are we fighting for peace?

What a joke the citizens of this country are, and how blindly ignorant they are to their choice A or B.

12. simple answer is a conservative was in office so they were protesting....and this was the guy the protesters voted for.....

13. They died because they were being oppressed by corruption, which a majority of it had its roots in the "church state."
    Don't tell me I forgot my countries history. I studied "Our", not "My," countries history and the Government itself throughout my 12 years of basic education, as well as many hours at home. Don't tell me to hang my head in shame. Your countries main religious sect is the source of much of the corruption that happens in the Christian sector; if anybody should hang their head in shame its you and your ancestors for supporting such a travesty.

14. yeah me either..

i thought this no fly zone would be under control by now..
    those Libyans must have some kind of air force..

it'll all be over soon..

think i'll watch TV and go shopping...

15. were not taking sides but....gaddafi must go

that makes no sense

16. I'm an atheist pal - to me all religious fanatics are wankers.

:bongin:

17. which side are we on anyway?

the crazy dictator.. or the Al Queda rebels?

i'm confused. :confused:

18. MUST...
    SAY ONE THING....
    DO ANOTHER THING...
    MUST...
    KEEP AMERICAN DREAM ALIVE.

DEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRppppppppppppppp

19. Why does he have to go?
    What is worse? The devil you know or the devil you don't know.