O

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by generic98547, Jan 1, 2018.

1. #1 generic98547, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Just started flowering my SQ#1's around a week ago give or take a few days in my 4x2x4 with (2) mars hydro 300 (135w) and (2) QB120's (60w ea) for a total of 390W right under the 50w per square foot. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I have plenty of airflow an intake and an outtake and things are staying cool. I did have a mite issue last grow but I did make it to harvest and cleaned everything up and so far I still haven't seen any of the bastards (knock on wood).... I'm also vegging a GSC bagseed and a couple random bagseeds under a mars hydro eco49 (100w) [​IMG][​IMG] The smaller one is the GSC the two on the bottom are random bagseeds. The two on the bottom may not look all that great but I just moved them from the solo cups and oh boy they really been working on them roots... My SQ#1's normally are at least twice that size before their roots compare so hopefully they bounce out of their bag spell and start growing good they have been recovering nicely compared to a few days ago.

My special queens are growing nicely for sure.. They don't stretch much during flower but they are doing pretty well. I'm not doing much of any LST this grow and just plan on letting them grow more naturally and focus on making a few real nice colas then some decent buds to follow... My LST last grow was doing pretty good but those mites really fucked me and I'm just going to go without a scrog or any of that and defoliated once more before they start budding and seeing what happens... I may toss the bagseeds in with the girls in the tent to determine sex down the road so no scrog is beneficial anyhow as I'm not looking for the best yield possible just quality and if my plants are healthy then I'm confident the yields will follow.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Subbed

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ended up putting my 2nd mars 300 back into the flower tent... good thing too lol even with the two mars and two QB's temps barely broke 55 as the high.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The smaller plant on the left looked very nice this morning. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 generic98547, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    So I cut my outtake off and the temps rose by 10 degrees so I'll be going without my outtake for a while because these constant cold temps are slowing things down.

Also did a defoliation and still appears to be bug free (knock on wood)

• Like Like x 2
  6. took a seat :toke: winter comes,everyone need to keep warm now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I did a large defol/lollipop tonight and I'll water them tomorrow night and hopefully take pics at that time as well... vegging plants are doing good as well.

• Like Like x 4
  8. I had to do the same thing.. my fans only kicj on now if it gets above 82 and even with my 1k water it's only 73 as a high... it's been getting down 60-61-62 with lights on and I think that's too low for leaves to create photosynthesis... which I've been ScrOGging and it feels like they have just not grown half as much as they should... I'm about to flip to flower in a few,days.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Well veg is definitely better in higher temps at around mid 70's but flower is definitely more forgiving with colder temps in my opinion though you'd definitely still want to it around 70 optimally. What do the temps get to during lights off? Maybe put a small heater next to the intake? My plants are definitely stressing some thanks to the cold so that's what I've been doing starting a couple days ago to kinda help make sure it doesn't get to chilly during lights off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. So my bagseeds are doing better... here is the GSC I'm loving the leaf growth on her she's looking great. I'm really hoping she's a she in the end lol I'm wanting some cookies and I didn't buy any. [​IMG][​IMG] then here they all are together. You can see the one on the right is doing best of the two unknowns though the one on the right has been recouping nicely. No exhaust or intake in this area currently so the LED keeps it warm. Those bottom leaves that look ugly are just old growth nothing to worry about I just didn't want to pluck them off as the leaves aren't entirely dead and they are still small. The two unknown bagseeds are from the same bag and both have the same growth pattern I bet they get very bushy.

• Like Like x 3
  11. [​IMG] I also have around half a dozen cuttings that I recently took that are from my flowering gals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 generic98547, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    My vegging girls have started filling out their pots nicely and have roots starting to grow all out the bottom and drinking water much faster now. All the bagseeds are doing good especially that GSC... It's pretty obvious which one was topped (an unknown bagseed should be the same strain as the one on the right) and she seems to have not missed a beat by it.. [​IMG][​IMG]

The girls in the tent are growing great... Like usual little to no stretch at all but they are starting to bud nicely... it's pretty obvious the plant portions that were directly under the full spectrum mars light filled out 3x better than the 3k QB (the lights have been adjusted a bit so you may not be able to tell. but that was obviously going to be the result I bought the QB's for flower now to see how each plant flowers. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I may lollipop some more if I feel the need but for the most part I'll probably just be defoliating a couple fan leaves here and there throughout flower... They are doing great and still appear bug free. I'm still adding neem oil and will continue to do so for a couple more weeks then after that I may spray with spinosad for a week or two just to be as safe as can be then the last couple weeks I'll back off of treatment. Some plants are a bit shorter than others but like I said they just don't stretch during flip so that's that lol. Good thing is though that they are usually done 56 days of 12/12 so not much longer because they start resembling buds. Hoping for some large colas this grow at least 5 grams which I think is very possible if the bugs stay away... This strain has a very obvious sativa structure when growing buds as they swirl around the stem nicely instead of being super compact and all connected but with that said with intense enough lighting these girls will grow some very dense colas if they remain stress free... I miss those 10 gram buds from my first bagseed lol I'll post a pic just for the hell of it [​IMG] 20 grams of bud from two colas haha.... wish I would of kept that strain going but she took a long time to flower and threw late flower nanners.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So just for comparison here are my girls the day before 12/12 [​IMG] before the "stretch" lol.

No doubt after stretch they were maybe 10% bigger but not 2-3x haha.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking great!. Thanks for the inspiration. How many girls have you got in your tent? I like the numerous tops you've got going. When legalization passes up here in Canada mid 2018, 4 plant maximum for personal grows.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #15 generic98547, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    I have four in the tent though two really does work better if you have the patience to fill it out and that's in a 4x2... Normally I go for a lot more tops but this grow im going for less more dominant tops here is an older plant for example [​IMG][​IMG] that bad girl was 128 grams and took up half my tent... This grow I wanted less growth overall because of my bug issue I'm trying to be cautious but next grow I'll probably go back to more growth before flip. Preferably with three plants in the tent versus four as four really does take up a lot of space. I'm hoping for 2-2.5oz a plant but I may be aiming high we will see it just depends how dense everything gets but I'm hoping it averages a decent bit more than last grow so really I'd be happy with anything over 7oz... Plus I'll have a micro flower area going for a single plant that I'll be aiming for a couple oz's off of.

Honestly with your limit I'd do two flowering two vegging.... Simple as that saves tons of time between harvests... By the time your girls are harvested you have another set ready to flip and you take a few clones off of them and keep the two that root first and repeat. Or just add new beans in if you like switching it up every grow. I'd also recommending either 2x4x6 tents or 3x3x6 tents just depending on the space restrictions... If you can't afford or don't have the space for two tents then id recommend at the very least rigging a closet up for veg because two areas makes a worlds difference in harvest time and with you only going to be growing 4 plants at a time I wouldn't recommend a super large tent because they require a light of light for optimal results whereas you can flower a 3x3 with 100-200W just depending on the lighting and flower a 4x2 with 400W and get great results.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Appreciate the reply and the great pics!. I really like your idea of dual veg/ flower cycle.
    Probably push the envelope with the 4 plant limit, lol.;)
    I'm fortunate lots of room in basement. I'm currently doing the wiring for power so haven't started my first grow yet. Hoping to get it finished this weekend still researching some electrical stuff....can't wait to start.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What type of lighting do you plan on going with?

18. i watched a video this morning,it shows me how to make the buds into smoke...it seems pretty easy to make it and smoke...i wish i have one of these buds....it will be enough for me for half month at least,ahaha

• Like Like x 1
  19. taking a vacation to the states?

ya that 4 plant limit, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Going with LEDS.. just picked up Mars Hydro Epistar II 1600 boxing week, 720w for my 5x5. Also have Solarstorm 440 235/w320w/350w for my multi tent. It is has one 4x4 area and has an 'end' room 12"x4'. Was hoping to do two daisy chained T5 for the small end room but they can't be used with GFCI plug so figuring that out right now.

• Like Like x 2