O my fucking goodness....

Discussion in 'General' started by kimper3787, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Well I've just got of the phone with my friend (david420haze) And i was delighted to hear that at about 2:30 or 3, 4/8ths of shrooms are being delivered to us. OMG, you guys do not understand how excited I am. I've wanted some soo bad since my last trip (2 or 3ish months ago)...I will post following the trip to let everyone know how it goes.. Later all...

2. i wish i could get shrooms...

Have Fun!!!

3. bastard!!!

they gonna stop selling them in shops over here, and moving em to Class A

Hate this government...

awell ill make do with some weed and wine.

4. really? omg?! i didnt know that.. shit, i wanted to try them at least once in my life and buying them over a counter is so much safer (i consider it to be, u know what u are getting). Where did u hear this Frank? if they do change it to class A that is seriously fucked up...

edit: just found this on bbc.co.uk

"What does the law say?

The law with regard to magic mushrooms is complicated. The psilocybe mushroom or "magic mushroom" is not controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, but it contains psilocin, a hallucinogen, and psilocybin, an ester of psilocin, which are controlled as Class A drugs.

There have been a number of court cases concerning the status of psilocybe mushrooms. The courts have held that a person is not in possession of a controlled drug solely by reason of his being in possession of a naturally occurring substance - the mushroom - containing that drug. The growing of psilocybe mushrooms and the gathering and possession of them do not contravene the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

It is, however, an offence under the 1971 Act to possess a "preparation" or "product" of the controlled drugs psilocin or psilocybin. The courts have held that where the mushrooms have been prepared (eg by drying or by making into a powder) so that "they have ceased to be in their natural state and have been in some way altered by the hand of man" they constitute a "preparation" or "product" of the Class A controlled drug psilocin. The courts have also held that psilocybe mushrooms that had been frozen and packaged constituted a product containing the Class A controlled drug psilocin."

edit: edit: im guessing this means that the tabs i was gonna get from legalhighs.org are actually illegal here...

5. I think it means shrooms are cool, as long as they are fresh picked. That's always been my understanding. Correct me if i'm wrong, someone.

Peace, love and happiness

I just found this in an email from erowid. Hope it helps.

The state of the law regarding psilocybin mushrooms in Britain and Europe is in flux in 2004-2005. Although the details are complex, a simple overview is that the mushrooms themselves are not listed in the laws (just the chemicals they contain) and so their status is ambiguous. See Ananda Schouten's Overview and the Psilocybin Mushroom Law Vault for more information.

2004, December 18: Bill proposed to outlaw all psilocybin mushrooms, adding "fungus (of any kind) which contains psilocin or an ester of psilocin" to the Class A list in the Misuse of Drugs Act. The Independent and Draft of Bill.

2004, December 15: Discussions begin to clearly make distribution of psilocybin mushrooms a criminal offense. The Scotsman.

2004, December 15: Judge largely throws out case against one psilocybin mushroom vendor because the ambiguity of the laws would make prosecution unfair and an "abuse of process". Defense Lawyers MJ Reed Soliciters, The Guardian.

2004, December 14: Several news stories discuss situation in Britain, saying the government is planning to crack down more: The Guardian, Dec 14, 2004

2004, October: Mushrooms still widely for sale in London and major cities in England. See Erowid Experience: "Shopping for Psychedelics in London", by yara.

2004, September: According to Edinburgh News.com, in late September, 2004, several cases against the shops selling mushrooms were dropped.

2004, Late Summer: Several vendors charged with breaking the Misuse of Drugs Act by selling mushrooms.

2004, July: The British government announces that they have "re-interpreted" the law and are now declaring the sale fresh psilocybin mushrooms a "preparation". (independent.co.uk, Jul 23 2004).

2004: Increasing number of psilocybin mushroom vendors publicly selling. "I am not sure to what extent the trade remains around the country, except to say that in London (where the initial boom in sales began a few years ago) there remains a thriving trade in fresh mushrooms and grow kits from shops and stalls in several major shopping areas." (Erowid Correspondence with JB).

2003: Mushroom selling stalls and storefronts pop up around England, especially in London.

2002: British government's Home Office issues letter stating that psilocybin mushrooms are not illegal under U.K. law "provided that [they have] not been prepared in any way."

Pre-2002: British law ambiguous about the legality of fresh psilocybin-containing mushrooms.

6. thats aweomse dude so what are shrooms like

7. WHAT??????????????????????? CLASS A???????????????? only in england i hope!