NYC Mayor de Blasio may take down Christopher Columbus statue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Aug 25, 2017.

1. If Bill de Blasio is going to be nominated and elected again for a second term as the Mayor of New York City, despite a very lackluster job performance and low ratings from the voters in NYC, I think I'm going to go batty. It will, though, be the final straw for him, with a lot of New Yorkers, if he removes that 100+ year old Columbus statue.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio may take down Christopher Columbus statue

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would have thought the last straw was when he skipped town to do a speech during the paris climate talks and skipped out on that slain cops funeral. But maybe you are more tolerant than me, haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There's too many incidents to even bother listing, he's part of a machine that should be scrapped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I agree 100%. Another wonderful example of democrats in power in the united states.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christopher Columbus was terrible.

Never figured out where he actually was, jumpStarted the Atlantic slave trade by capturing natives, and was a tyrant who regularly tortured his "colonial subjects"

6. He was a horrible man, but nyc has bigger issues for the mayor to be dealing with.

Most sane people could give a shit whether or not there's a statue of Columbus or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. By removing these historical statues, we are doing exactly what those who are trying to divide the country, through hate, are hoping for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I get why folks are upset about some of them, especially the civil war monuments that were erected in the 60s. That was the wrong time to be doing that.
    I just think it's misdirected anger and outrage that can be put to better use. And now the media is whipping up a big emotional frenzy and getting everyone all riled up about it.

As far as diblasio, he's just a fucking idiot looking for attention. He needs to worry about running that city of his, it's fucking crumbling.
    Driving in from CT is a fucking disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Man is a piece of shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Amerigo Vespucci is next!

j/k

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. completely agree. at the very LEAST it should be voted on by the taxpayers, not just a bunch of pussy politicians bowing to a group of paid thugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I doubt the taxpayers voted for its construction and placement

13. probably not, which could be considered part of the problem. I guess I should rephrase that. Those that used public funding should be put to vote. If the shit was privately paid for then i guess it would be up to the person who paid it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't get why anyone wants a statue in the first place. I suspect when someone wants a commemorative statue made they have something to gain personally. I'll never see the statue of Columbus and don't feel my life would be different if it wasn't there. I doubt it's presence changes anyone's life one way or another and if every single statue was removed no one's life would be any different.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's art. Go to Italy, you can't turn around without seeing a statue.

16. Americans now have boners for statues?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It's been going on for years, they even got rid of Ronald.

[​IMG]