Nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bud-dyholly, Feb 16, 2017.

1. So I currently have my 1-2 week old plant in a rockwool cube. I water daily, and keeps its photoperiod between 18-24 hours. I was wondering when I should transplant to the clay pellet/bucket system. Also, when should I start giving it the N-P-K nutrients? Should nutrients only be added after transplant?

2. Welcome to City

Can you post some pictures of your plants so we can see the actual condition and advise you better

3. Second pictures to see what you're working with.

Nutrients is a general term. What brand are you using? Adding nutrients is one thing, but it has to be the correct amount. What's your starting water EC? Are you using city or RO water. If you're using RO, you'll need a Calmag supplement.

I recommend HydroGuard as well. I use General Hydroponics Flora Series, Botanicare CalMag and their HydroGuard.

You can check out my grow journal to see the feed charts of what I'm using.

4. I would wait till the third set of real leaves sprout before feeding. Prolly a good time to transplant as well

5. Sorry for the late response, here is how I have it setup and the nutrient combo I purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. She looks healthy to me. I put mine into my DWC bucket about that same height. Just PH 5.8 water until the third set of real leaves. This chart had worked out great for me so far. Seedling being started in the third set.

[​IMG]

7. Thank you man, but what about the seedling section on the chart? When should I start giving the 1/4 nutes that the chart suggests? Is that directed towards when the third set of leaves come in?

8. I've got a seedling the third node I just topped and have been giving 1/4 nutrients since it hade roots down in tank.

9. Yes... The seedling nutrient mixture is for when you have your third set of true leaves.... Using nutrients too soon is a number one problem with new growers. They get excited and want to feed their baby's as soon as possible. Be patient and let her grow. You and she will be happy with your results.

Good luck!

10. Thank you!