nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by utook2much2much, Feb 8, 2013.

1. so im gona find an organic nutrientsupplement but like even though its organic theres those 3 numbers lik 8-8-8 first in nitrogen then tracemineral then potassium i heard that middle number is usually made from chemical the trace minerals are what do i do?
    AZOMITE!?!? isnt it acidic is there other options

2. 8-8-8 stand for the nitrogen phosphorus potassium all organic and in-organic nutrients will have this

3. oh so the middle number isnt trace minerals?

4. #4 w89, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    I think people use azomite at 1 cup per cubic foot, I use this Verve Volcanic Rock Dust 10Kg, 0000004090328 volcanic rock dust "Basalt based crystalline mineral compounds which include feldspar, pyroxene, hornblende, chlorite and magnetite." @ 3 cups per cubic foot, I also added about 6 Kg to y compost pile so when I come to use it then the minerals should be available as they take along time to break down and become available

EDIT No mate it's N-P-K

5. well do i need trace minerals because im gona be using well water.... and if that middle number is phosphorus i wont need to worry because i can get it organic

6. you need trace minerals but they will be in the organic amendments that you would add in your soil...

please tell me what you are getting for you soil amendments.. I also recommend you check out the links in my sig they will give you a better understanding of what you need to do

Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners
    Botanicals
    Benefit Of Rock Dusts
    Organic Tea Recipes

7. I use Kelp in my mix it contains all the elements you need to grow a plant, I also use alfalfa,Neem meal, chicken manure, Crab/oyster shell and rock dusts, they contain everything I need as far as nutrients go.

I also use worm castings both from my worm bin and from the garden and local forest humus they contain the humus which is the most important part to any soil mix, without high quality humus you will have problems so you should try your best to source local high quality worm casting and/or compost.. this is the backbone of your soil mix so don't skimp on this.

I will be using homemade compost but it's in the process of being made at the moment and I am taking my time to do it properly, it's not a rush job by any means...

like I say do some reading in the sticky threads they contain everything you need to know and they will explain things better than I would be able to.. Then if you have any questions just ask I will be more than happy to help you

8. Perfectly explained, just a little research goes a very long way.;)