Nutrients while in Flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmknVTEC, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Hi all.

I decided to force my little plants into flower the other night. I understand the plant needs to be fertilized weekly with a food rich in Potasium like 15-30-15 or 5-50-17.

Does a "Bloom supplement of potasium sulfate for hydroponics" sound like something that would do the job even though I am growing in dirt (Shamanshop.net)? And does it matter if it is organic or inorganic? I dont know the numbers of their product because it does not say.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. if it says for "hydroponics" most likely its for "hydroponics"

go with the 15-30-15

3. I flower with15 30 15 and veg with 10 52 10. Your plants need extra phosphorous during flowering and extra nitrogen during vegitation. PEACE!!!!

4. Do you folks know who makes a good 15-30-15 and where I can order some over the net or buy some in the U.S? I dont think that Home Depot has stuff like that. I bought some liquid miracle grow there that only has 4% N.

Thanks

5. Miracle grow blue powder is 15-30-15 and at almost any home depot or garden store.

6. ive been using miracle grow for the past few grows.. always good results, about 12oz from a 1m square cupboard and 400w light.... i read about the Ks and decided to use tomato feed (a higher proportion of K than miracle grow) ... am i likely to be disappointed this time?

7. Ok guys,
    I found some stuff over the internet. It is called "Bloom Boosting Formula (Rockwool)". It is 6-30-30 and is in the powder form and can be diluted in cold water. It is designed for hydroponics but also works well in soil. Costs $9.34. Is this good stuff for the little bloomers?

Thanks again,
    Matt

8. As long as your plants are getting ample amounts of phosphorous and potassium during flowering you will get good results. Be careful not to overdo it though. Just follow the package directions and use accordingly. When a plant food for example says 15 30 15, or 10 52 10 ,,,or 8 7 6 , etc., that first # is nitrogen,the second phosphourous and the third potassium. As long as the second and third #'s are bigger than the first(the nitrogen) you have a plant food suited for the flowering stage of life. Remember no ferts for the last week or two before harvest. You don't want to smoke the ferts.

9. Also you have to take into account the genetics. Sativa strains stretch for the whole flower so they need high N to maintain growth. while indica strians stretch and stop so they only need N for the stretch then they dont need the N. i use 15-30-15 on my sativas but i bet it would work on Indicas too ut i would use a stronger P-K fert with low N if i was growing indicas. Experiment with ferts and see what works best with your strain.

10. 15 30 15 IS A GOOD START BUT U NEAD SOMTHING MORE POWER RODODENDRO IS THE THING U NEAD MOST NO NITRO WHEN FLOWER AND WHATER THE LAST 4 WEAKS IF U WHAT WERY GOOD SHIT.. BUT U NEAD A LOTT MORE TO BE HAPPY BUT CANT SPELL IT and FOSFOR is the werry best when flower

11. I think I will go with those suggestions for fertilizers.

Does anyone know why my leaves might be curling under. Leaves towards bottom of plants are small brown and curled under. Even some of the fan leaves that appear green and helalthy curl under and those are higher up on the plant. A lot of the leaves have intervienial chlorosis.

I have read a lot of the links that people here have given and I just cant seem to find the right solution. I dont think the plants are overwatered, I only water once a week with a little under a quart of water per 8"/2-3 gal. pot.

Thanks
    Matt

12. where you using ferts before flowering? if not it maybe a mg deficiency, easily treated with epsom salt. even if you havent treated with mg, a shot would not hurt since mj needs it. and what kind of soil are you using?

13. 8" pots are only about one gallon, it sounds like rootbound to me.

14. how would i know how much fert to use?

and how do i know whether the fert works with hydro?

and how do i know whether the current nute solution needs to be adjusted or not? i'm buying a pH pen, but do i also need a TDS meter or an EC meter?

how much ($) should i plan on using on nutes for two plants?

thanky thakny

15. Naughtydread, I have been using Miracle Grow 12-4-8 liquid. I use it every time I water. I stopped using it about three weeks ago when I started with the Epsom Salt.
    I have on order some fert high in phosforous. It should be here soon.

Matt

16. Here is the plant with the leaves curled under.
    Plant is 17 weeks old
    1 week into flowering
    400w hps
    12/12
    Fertilizing with epsom salt only. Once a week/watering.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

17. hey whats up kid? 17 WEEKS vegn? did i get that right? okay from looking at the picture, i would see nute burn. and possibly rootbound also. seems like we all are having some issues with our plants. you need to replant and flush, i think this will help you. i need help with my problem, see if i can get some help. ease up on the epsom for now.

18. You got it right 17 weeks vegitating. I decided to bring them to flower early because they were doing so poorly. Tallest plant is about 2 feet at least.
    Shit man, I am nervous to replant them. I dont want to lose them. I only have 4 plants left. When they are done flowering I will have many seeds to play with {no sinsemilla this time}.

Matt

19. dood, replant in atleast a 3 gallon, you need 1 foot per gallon.. you have a 2 1/2 foot tall plant thats in a 1 gallon? thats impressive. your baby has no more room. its getting strong doses of nutes, but no room for roots to grow or go. you dont want to much of a salt build up. i think you should only nute every 15 days or so, and maybe an extemely weak dose inbetween those 15days. but the best thing to do is replant her and and give her large amounts of fresh water, no nutes.

i had a similar problem i believe that ive caught early.

besides you will get bigger during this flowering period at least double the size, please replant.