Nutrients for soilless mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by soulreplenisher, Nov 7, 2007.

1. i was wondering what nutes are best to use with a soilless medium. there are so many id like to figure it out asap please!!!!! also i saw some discoloration on the leaves. its hard to described and i haven't seen anyone have it shown online. its like a its turning pale in some areas kinda like a streaking of discoloration. cant be from ph but i thing its asking for nutes since its 5weeks and hasnt had any! please help!!!!!

2. doesent n e one on here use soilless?????????what nutes do you use?????bump,bump,bump..like b2k haha

3. Bro, just go get some PureBlendPro Veg and Bloom for hydrogardens by botanicare, I'd grab some cal mag with it. And what are you doing not feeding them for 5 weeks in a soiless mix? They gotta eat man, by the way, make the ph like 5.8 after adding those nutes so you might need some acid/base to adjust the ph... And how are you watering? on a drip sys? Just wondering cause if your doing it by hand, depending on how many you have you may want to get a res so you can just premix your nutewater and then feed them, perhaps even automate it with a pump and timers.. Just a thought....

4. With a soil-less mix, you want to give it nuts from the starts, using 1/4 strength, until 2-3 weeks, then 1/2 strength, and after 5-6 weeks, full strength.

So yes, it def. needs nutrients.

5. they are in pots not hydro. im watering by hand as they need it. the soilless blend is vermiculite,perlite,and peat moss.

6. technically it IS hydro. all your plants nutrients will be delivered in the water solution. through a neutral "soil-less" medium.

just mix up a batch of hydro nutes and feed your plants every 2-3 days, however this is a guideline. you need to check for soil moistness and when it's getting pretty dry then you feed again. how long this process takes (for the medium to get dry) will depend on many things so just check on your babies and within a week to 10 days you will have figured it out.

also, every 2 weeks or so you will need to put 2 to 3 times the amount (in volume) clean pure water that your containers can hold. so that means if you're growing in a 3 gallon container, you put 6 to 9 gallons of fresh water (no nutes) and let her drain well (this is called flushing)

at the next feeding time you resume watering WITH nutrients in your water.

good luck and enjoy

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. and there are so many nutes to choose from. most nutes are good nutes. you wont really go wrong with any of them. personally i use the GH 3 part but i use the Lucas Formula which only uses 2 parts and works great for me. google search "lucas formula" and i believe on rollitup.org there's a detailed post about it

8. I use rockwool cubes and I feed my canna products, as per the nutrient schedule on cannas website.

I feed mine every 2 - 3 days, to start with, and then every other day as they get bigger...a good way to tell is to lift your pots and feel the weight of them, if they are still heavy with water, you dont need to feed, if they are light, then water is needed!

hope this helps!

9. I grew in soilless and I didn't feed my plants until the third week and they always looked great.

10. i used some flora nova and im hoping it will solve the problem. should i use it every watering or every other????

11. I use promix, ewc and added lime and perlite(to my liking as far as consistancy). That holds plants alone for the first 2-3 weeks and all I ever used during then was a very weak mix of liquid karma and water. As far as grow ferts and bloom you can do every other for grow but during bloom you can use the nutes every watering with no ill effects. It is organics and is very hard to over do.

12. I always start with soil less mixed with worm castings and bat guano. For nutes I have relied on bontanicare products for both veg and bloom. The products are 100% organic. Just to make sure I also add some Biobiz Biogrow to sweeten the deal in the last 3 weeks. This mix has given me the best quality and biggest buds in eight years. There is definately a learning curve to great herb so get on the net and google. The best reference book I have found is Jorge Cervantes "Medical Marijuana Bible". Learn learn learn