Nutrients and lighting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokeyDreamz, Dec 31, 2009.

1. They are 1 week old today and I have them in Sunshine mix professional Blend soil.
    I have them under a 400 watt HPS that was a little over 2 ft away, a few days ago I lowered about 2 in and today I lowered it about 4 more inches to 20 inches over the tops. Is this too close to my youngn's or could I go even closer? Also my temps are usually around 78 to 82 deg and 50% humidity.
    IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG
    Also I was wondering when would be a good time to give nutes.
    The one in the bottom left is a Auto AK and the others are Bubblelicious(above the ak), papaya(top right), And 3 seeds from some midz.

The nutrients I have are the Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger bloom
    I just need some advice on when it would be a good time to start feeding the ak and how much and the same for the others.:smoke::wave:

2. Looking good there man - nice plants! Keep a close eye on the the light sitch. Just keep inching it lower day by day. Put the back of your hand at plant level and if the heat from the lamp is not too hot for you to hold it there for 30 seconds - 1 minute, then it's OK for your plant. I know from personal experience that young seedlings are very sensitive to strong HPS light (fried white widow anyone?).

After the plants are 2 weeks old, you can probably give them a weak feeding of Grow Big - start off at say 1 tsp per gallon. Good luck bro!

3. Just out of curiousity, what kind of light schedule are you doing with that autoflower in the mix? 18/6? 20/4? Do you think it will be harvested before your other plants get flipped to 12/12?

4. Anyone got some advice on how and when to feed this Auto Ak

5. I got them on 18/6 right now. My plan is to let the others veg out and take a few clones from each about a month or so in and once rooted take half into another area and flower to find out the sex of all the plants. By that time the auto should be done and I can flip the switch and start budding the ones that are left and veg the remaining clones in my mother chamber to grow into nice moms.

6. Cool! Good luck!