Nutrient solution temps.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JKill, Apr 20, 2019.

1. #1 JKill, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Hey guys, just wanted to get a quick feel for what you guys think about nutrient solution temps.

I've personally grown beef steak tomatoes in 5 gal black DWC buckets in the middle of summer out side in direct sunlight in 25-30 degrees celsius (75-86 Fahrenheit) and didnt have a problem or root rot?

what about you guys? happy 420

2. Cannabis roots aren't so forgiving in DWC when temps get too hot. I'd keep the nutrient reservoirs below 70 degrees F to avoid issues. Just my take.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey if you have already done it , what's there to talk about ....
    Right, fuck the books and what other well know
    Hydro growers suggest.

4. I'm not asking because i'm worried about my temps, i'm asking out of curiosity what other people have dealt with, thanks for the reply.

5. Try using "search" for reservoir temps.

6. Why would I do that?

i'm trying to have a discussion with other forum members regarding my specific past experience and theirs.

thanks anyways @jollyrancher1

7. So you could "search" for other members who might join your discussion and you might just find other threads that already cover your subject, which has been and at length.

My advice is: if you are doing RDWC, get a chiller or a way to get you res temp to 63deg F or one degree above the dew point (so you don't form pools of condensation).

The lowest I have known anyone to grow at had a res temp that was 56deg F.

8. 10-4!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #10 Headhunterpipes, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    20190421_104501.jpg 20190421_103701.jpg 20190421_103614.jpg
    My point is ever book I have read about growing cannabis in a hydroponic , areoponic or dwc system have a recommended operating temperature.
    If you can keep the grow room temp about 70 degrees f your dwc water temp normally run 3 degrees above ambient temperature.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow, nice plants brother! the stock on that 2nd picture is huge, how old is a plant like that?

thanks for the response

11. 20190421_104511.jpg
    I was in the hospital for almost two months.
    That plant was everything but dead
    I am going to go a head and put it In flowering today

Plant is about 4 months old
    Dont have the heart to toss it
    It's a little big for a grow tent
    Normally I only grow 2 sativa per 4x8 tent
    This time it's two amnesia haze ( sativa ) and one berry white indica/sativa hybrid

• Like Like x 1
  12. 20190420_155408.jpg Chillers cost.
    Everything cost money .
    Growing indoors can require allot of money or investment .
    I have about 4k invested into each growing tent .
    Not including central A/C. , R O water system plus a fiberglass pressure tank , plus a security system.