NUTRIENT LOCKOUT?!? CAL MAG DEFICIENT??? HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AceUpMySleve, Dec 30, 2017.

1. i have no idea whats going on besides one thing i know for sure, my PH runoff is at 5- 5.5 which is most likely way too low..... but also im not adding any magnesium or any calcium to my plants and i am feeding her nutrients. im giving a 4-3-3 simple veg nute solution at ONE FOURTH of the "light feeding" instructed feeding amount. i have expierenced slight nute burn i also have seen orange spotting from it after on the same leaf ( dont think this matters ) but the spotting in the images below is mostly brownish, one is white basically, and the others are brown yellowish spotting that is what i defiantly believe based on what i have read to be magnesium deficiency ? i REALLY NEED INPUT. also i am about to try and flush out with 7.0 filtered water to be able to raise ph...

some other things to consider:

my ph for using my nutes is around 5.8( i know now its too low)
    i have been ph'ing FILTERED water ( does this mean my cal-mag might be off?) with my nutes.
    watering cycles very from 3-5 days depending on the dampness of the soil..

again my runoff is at 5 ph but im trying to fix it now! ANY INPUT ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT AND RATED !

Attached Files:

2. That isn't nutes burn it's pH fluctuations causing that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. i
    cant seem to stabilize my ph?? i read a thousand different threads about "flush it out untill the runoff is higher in the 6's" BUT I RAN 2 GALLONS THROUGH HER AND SHE WENT FROM 5.0 PH to 5.0 PH!!!!NO WHERE!!

4. What media are you growing in? Coco or soil?

5. I suggest calibration of your pH meter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. soil with coco... ROOTS ORGANIC SOIL blend
    its calibrated... my runoff is consitant at 5 ph

7. #7 Fataqui, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    if your run-off is between pH 5.0 and pH 5.5 and your pots are 5 gallons get some "dolomite lime" and sprinkle 1/4 cup all around your pot, then use a fork to lightly shift it into your mix, then when you water or feed use a pH 6.4 mixture and that should distribute a even pH 6.0 to pH 6.2 throughout your entire pot. And that should last for 6 to 8 weeks. So... in other words you will need to add more "dolomite lime" if your grow will take longer than that. And next time adjust your mediums pH level with lime before you add a plant to any pot!

8. Ok. I don't deal with ph. But when I did my first run, I used nutes and my runoff ph was always lower by .6-.7, I ph'd my feedings at about 6.8 and my runoff was around 6.1 - 6.2 . Could the op's issue be just as simple as watering/feeding at the correct ph level. 5.8 to start is too low for soil. Of course his runoff, is around 5. Of course some nutes may not be absorbed at too low of a ph. Wouldn't just raising the ph correct the issue itself? Not trying to hijack the thread, but want to know. I'd like to expand my knowledge so i can provide accurate info to other growers if asked. The whole bottled nute thing, ph, ppm's etc seemed to be a real pain and confuses the shit out of me. That's why I went organic.