nutrient guidence for soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by myles117, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Alright guys an girls, I've been growing for a few years and every time I switch to Budding I end up with yellowing crunchy leaves by harvest time. The plants are prefectly green when I move them from the veg room to the budding room. I have been using flora nova flower, floralicious, hygrozyme, and big bud once in a while. The ppm of the water ends up between 400-600 and all of the water they get has had nutes in it. The ph is always checked and is between 6.7 and 6.9. I just purchased Botanicare's Pure Blend Soil formula bloom. The flora nova was designed for hydro application so I figured I'd use a nutrient designed specifically for soil.

Now that you've heard all my shit, here's the question. Should I feed them every watering or should feeding be weekly, bi-weekly or something like that. Also, what ppm should I aim for based on your answer to the first part of the question. I want to bud a plant and have it look half decent before manicuring it. My buds must also take some sort of hit having their energy source curl up and become crunchy lol. Thanks for hearing me out with this shit and I look forward to the city's incite. :)

2. Well alot of leaves will yellow in the last two weeks cus your flushing before harvest right?

As for nutes the kind i have are also Botanicare, just their Veg and Flower and they take nutrients every watering (Save for flushes)

Its hard for me to say man, but if the yellowing and crisping starts hurting what the buds are gunna be something is wrong.

Do you flush your soil regularily? (I do it once every 2-3 weeks) I know problems can arise from unflushed soil and around later flowering would be when it'd happen as the nutes would have been building up in the soil

3. I flush them 1-2 weeks before harvest but the yellowing starts wayyy before that.

4. so should I add a teaspoon of the botanicare for each gallon of water? I still don't know how much to use or how often. :(

5. i'd bring the ph down to 6.5. feeding in soil is generally done once a week. in between feedings, plain ph'd water. as for what ppm, that depends on the strain and nutes etc. the bottle will recommend a certain ppm. with seedlings use 1/4 strength. keep in mind that nute companies want you to use up your nutes and buy more as soon as possible. they tend to want you to use a higher ppm for this reason. increase nute strength slowly during veg. when you start seeing tip burn, drop the ppm down a couple hundred and it should be good. when your plants begin to reach the end of flowering they will start yellowing off. this causes them to start looking like shit. this is good. you flush them and the stored nutes get used up for a nice smooth smoke.