Nutrient Burn or Light Bleaching/Burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BrotherJustin, Apr 21, 2010.

1. I have two plants which I started from random seeds I acquired over the years.

I started them in rockwool cubes using distilled water and Olivia's cloning solution, and watered/misted them using the same, and used flourescent lights and a humidity dome.

After about two weeks when the roots started to poke through the bottom I moved them to 10 liter pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and a mix of perlite/horticultural sand. At this time both of the plants were similar in size.

The full time environment is a growbox made of plywood about 2'x 2' area, with a 150 W HPS and plenty of ventilation. The light is currently at about 30" from the top of the plants.

It has been about two weeks since they have been in soil and one is flourishing and one does not look good and has severely stunted growth and yellow blotches some in the middle and some at the tips, some leaves even have dark brown patches instead of yellow.

I have not used any fertilizer once they were planted in soil, and before while in the rockwool I only used Olivia's cloning solution.

I have heard that ocean forest is a bit hot for seedlings but I can't understand why one plant is flourishing and the other looks like it is dying, even though these two plants have had exactly the same environment for their whole lives.

Could it just be that it is genetics and this particular seed just doesnt like these conditions?

The humidity in my area is usually fairly low maybe 20-40%, and temperatures range from 60-80 F.

One picture shows both plants to see the difference between their growth.

The only picture I have seen on the internet that resembles what this plant looks like is a boron deficiency, as it seems that the veins are yellowing on one leaf, and other random "bronze" splotches are visible on others.

Thanks in advance for any help that could be provided.

Brother Justin

Attached Files:

2. i would have to say ph lockout or nute burn, thats why its stunted, use plain water @ 6.5 ph and flush, let it dry out .