Nutrient Burn or Deficiency...PLEASE HELP!?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by TokeRippa, Sep 7, 2012.

1. After adding 20 ml each of Rhizotonic and Cannazym the solution moved from .995 to 1.06...as expected.

Transplanted the girls into their new homes where i will be there to watch over, nurture and guide them from blossiming young ladies onto sexually ripe and mature women.

Good news! The roots in the cups looked so healthy: sturdy, vibrant white and plentiful!

2. You did it perfect. Much easier just folding it than using scissors isn't it?
    It just breaks like a little sugar snap and gives you that nice clean finish you got there. Those tiny little side shoots are so easily damaged using scissors/scalpels.

3. Yes, it was quite easy, just snapped right off.

4. That's good and detailed, thanks very much.

When I read these posts on here I have to re-jig all the text around in my head... gallons...ppm... pah... I have to translate before I get started... bleedin imperial :confused:

So, 5ml each of A&B takes your EC up by 0.6... which means roughly every 1.7ml of each takes it up by 0.2. Now my tap water comes out at 0.2 and I go up from that to 1.0ec-1.2 with just base nutes, To give you an idea how I feed I'd be using between 6.5 and 8.5ml of each per gallon and nothing else. Sometimes I might squirt some seaweed in, but that doesn't matter at all and I never measure it.

As far as company grow guides go, it seems as sensible as any I've read - not a great endorsement as I don't read many, but most are way over the top.
    I wouldn't call it a light guide though, because that would be more than enough to keep any young plant I've ever had well fed.

5. And that should tell you a lot about those two products. They're all about auxins and enzymes and not base nutrition. Which is why a lot of people have troubles when they mess their base around to make room for them.

Your girls will love their new home I'm sure. Keep us posted.

6. Btw, what's the feeding strategy then? Have you decided?

7. Thanks for getting back to me Watcher.

Feeding them for the first time in their new pots was mega difficult in the scrunched tent. I was bending and twisting just to get the feed to the pots and i can only imagine how it will be when they are growing through the screen. For the future i think i will stick with 2 in there.

This damn LED is putting out all kinds of heat. It raised the room's temps from 73 to 86 in one hour. A repositioning of fans got it down to 83 but i was hoping to avoid the heat issue alltogether with the LED.

As for the feeding plan, i plan on keeping the base nutes around 1.0, and then adding cannazym and rhizo and using flavorful as ph down. Going to feed every 2-3 days depending on how fast the coco becomes dry. I will feed 1-2 liters of solution until i see runoff. Every week or so i will check the runoff to see if the salts are accumulating but im hoping the changes ive made will keep that from getting out of control.

Once the plants fill 60% of the screen which will be between 8-12" away from the base of the plant i will switch to 12/12.

Thats the general idea, but then again, this is my first rodeo and if the adventure continues as it's already been going im sure that things will have to be adjusted as time goes on. Thats half the fun though!

8. Sounds good.

what are you using to feed them?

You're scrogging?? How did I miss that? Got a scrog on the go at the minute myself. Have you got a journal going?

I'm no expert on LED lighting, but from what I know, a watt is a watt and they'll produce the same amount of heat as any light the same wattage.

Sounds like a plan. What might be an idea is to give two plants just 1.2ec of A&B (tap included) ph'd and nothing else, then water it back to 1.0 and add your extras and give that to the rest. It'd be a really good control because that, to me, is a rock solid trouble free base.

;)

9. #69 TokeRippa, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    I wish I knew how to quote individual lines because when I quote it quotes the whole message and I go in and erase what I don't want to refer back to. I know there has to be an easier way. I love the control idea although right now I'm fighting hard to get the environment straight. Temps at 89 and I'm worried that this will do me in. I've turned back the light a bit. On Wednesday a new inline fan should be here and I hope to use one to circulate and the one I have now to exhaust. Max that's dropping it maybe 3 degrees so I think I will be up in the attic tomorrow after home Depot drilling a hole in the wall for a direct line from the AC.

10. whats happenin in my neck of the woods
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/1090562-multi-strain-mmj-grow.html

I don't wanna advertise it in my signature so hey, excuse me for spammin your thread toke..lol

You crack me up brotha, same with nullster.. I see so much of myself just a year and a half ago in what you post now. A lot of apprehension, is that the best word? It's not as hard as it's gotta be and you'll be a master in no time.

There's nothing like a first run but damn is that second gonna be dank! The true testament will be surviving the first grow disaster.

11. a measuring cup. I think i will need to look for one of those long neck watering cans.

I think i will make this thread my journal if that's okay? I need to keep the plants short and i will be pulling the leaves of the underfoilage for better ventilation and easier watering.

12. What you need if you're going the hand watering route is a telescopic watering lance, a pump, and a length of hose. If you're hand watering a scrog a watering can is going to be a nightmare. Or you can put lines and a valve going into the pots and just plug it in and water. Or you can do a gravity fed system which is just tubes and a bucket. Either that or a trip to the chiropractor :D

I've had the lance, which cost £15 about a year and a half and the pump, which cost about £30, for about four years. My lance needs replacing now, but the pump is still going strong. Well worth the outlay. It's more effort than lines, and I am contemplating just running some tubes through there... but I like hand watering and spending the time in there.. but I'd seriously consider not doing a scrog at all mate if you're going to stick with the watering can and wait til you get a better means sorted then go with the net. You'll have nightmares man, believe me.

Might as well.

13. Haha, me too! :hello: I'm not scrogging though and I have two plants.

14. Hmm.. I hate to be the bearer of bad new bro, but I'm not sure that's what you wanted. It might be... don't get me wrong, you'll know when you get it, but I've got one of those for my outdoor garden. It's more of a mister than a watering device, know what I mean. If the settings on it allow for a soak, you're golden, and even if it doesn't then worst case scenario they're really good if you get a fungal infection or you need to foliar spray your plants for any reason. They're also great for disinfecting grow rooms between crops.

You can feed your plants with them, but if it's what I think it is, It'll work, but you'll be a while. I know I said I liked spending time in there... but not that much :D

15. :(

I was looking at that except that i would need a hose (no big deal) and i would have to somehow pressurize the sloution so the wand could work.

First and foremost the Smith Max is a sprayer not a waterer so you are right, but i imagine that one of the nozzel settings will allow for an open flow and if not I could always cut the tip off.

16. Yeah, it's called a pump :D

You'd get a pump, a bit of hose (cut some off your regular garden hose) and a wand. That's it. The pump will last you a long time and would work if you ever wanted to install a dripper or any semi-auto system.

The top will screw off and you'll have a little stream of water so you can go with that. It'll work put it that way, and like I say they come in handy for other stuff as well. It'll do for a couple of plants anyway. Maybe get the pump and wand next grow.

17. Hate to be a dummy but what type of pump would you recommend?

18. It's not a dumb question, I actually don't know myself exactly what flow rate you'd need.

I think what I've got is overkill, but it's a solid piece of kit and when I went to the grow shop to see what he recommended the thing he brought out wasn't even a tenth as powerful... it was this tiny little fish tank style pump... and for near enough the same price, so I thought fuck it I'll just get the hippo style one. Even he agreed to be fair and said if I can get one of those then go for it, so I did.

I'm no pump expert so maybe you can get away with something a bit less heavy duty, but this is what I've got. Clarke 1" Submersible Water Pump - Hippo 2 - Machine Mart

I can do the garden with it and everything, through 30 feet of hose, up the stairs, no problem. To be honest I think it's better to go over pressure with a pump, especially with a wand, which is why I got one of these.

These are what you can get your side of the pond.

Amazon.com: Superior Pump 91025 1/5 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Wayne RUP160 1/6-Horsepower 3,000 GPH Oilless Submersible Utility Water Pump: Home Improvement