nutmeg?

Discussion in 'General' started by StickyxLover, Apr 3, 2006.

1. lol, man i wanna get high, i have been sober for a week and my cars broke down. im stuck at home and my friend called me and said he had a can of nutmeg if i wanted to try it, because it tasted too nasty for him. well ima go try it, ill report back whenever i get back or when the trip wears off. wish me luck and hope i dont get poisoned from too much.

2. i hope u dont get a really shitty hangover like everyone said

3. wonder why Connecticut is called The Nutmeg State?

maybe because back in the 1600's there was no "native" mj around ... so they crunched on nutmeg!!

4. that would be funny if it was true

5. ground nugmeg isn't as good as fresh but it'll do

just take honey and the 20 grams or so of nutmeg mix them slather it on crackers or cookies and chew chew chew

its gonna taste like shit...so accept it lol

6. you can also go buy glue and paint thinner at any age, doesnt mean its fun to do!

7. yea i guess but who wants to sit there sniffing paint for like a half an hour and get a buzz. with this you just stick some in the back of your throught and you can be buggin out for hours.

8. well my friend didnt want to open the fucking door because he likes to be a douchebag at times. so i went from house to house (friends houses, not strangers) in my hood, and NO ONE had fucking nutmeg that i could "borrow." i went to the store, and they didnt have any. the nearest food store was about 7 miles away and my one good running car is on EMPTY and i dont have insurance on it. i guess ill try again tommorow.

9. ok, i ate 3 full table spoons of it 3 hours ago. it hurt my stomach to say the least for about 20 minutes, but it had a weird immediate effect. i was walking through a forest on the way home and couldnt see SHIT in the darkness (normally i could). well ill report back in a few hours to tell about my trip. i feel it coming on :hello:

10. dont forget about poppey seeds(opium) guys hahaha..

11. 20g's of nutmeg is way too much. i recomend 2-5 and 10 MAX. its nasty shit anyway idk how ne1 could down 20 g's of it

12. NUTMEG

Family: Myristicaceae
    Genus: Myristica
    Species: fragrans

Usage:
    5-20 grams of ground nutmeg is ingested. Fresh ground is best. Can also be taken in a "space paste" concoction (see below). Space paste is difficult/expensive to make and tastes like shit; however, it may actually decrease the side effects.

Effects:
    Possible nausea during first hour; may cause vomiting or diarrhea in isolated cases. Takes anywhere from one to five hours for effects to set in. Then expect severe cottonmouth, flushing of skin, severely bloodshot eyes, dilated pupils. Personally I compare it to a very, very heavy hash buzz. "Intense sedation". Impaired speech and motor functions. Hallucinations uncommon in average (5-10 gm) doses. Generally followed by long, deep, almost coma-like sleep (expect 16 hours of sleep afterward) and feelings of lethargy after sleep. May cause constipation, water retention. Safrole is carcinogenic and toxic to the liver.

History:
    Nutmeg was a very important trade item in the 15th and 16th centuries. It was a precious commodity due to the enormous medicinal properties of its seeds. Slaves on the ships bringing nutmeg to Europe got in trouble for eating part of the cargo. They knew that a few large kernels of nutmeg would bring them a pleasant, euphoric feeling, and relieved their weariness and pain. Nutmeg was even used when the feeble King Charles II almost died of a clot or hemorrhage. His death a few days later did nothing to detract from its useful reputation. Rumor spread through London that Nutmegs could act as an abortifacient. The ladies who procured abortions from nutmeg were called "nutmeg ladies."

Interaction precautions:
    MAO inhibitor

Active Constituents:
    Methylenedioxy-substituted compounds: myristicin (non-amine precursor of 3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine [M-MDA]) elemicin, and safrole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    you won't really get a feel for it unless you take over 10

13. I took probably 5 spoonfuls of the shit in some milk with some sugar, mixed, and gulped. Tasted pretty good; I may have a funny sense of taste, or it could have been because I had taken a hit from my pipe already. Anyway... Here's how it went down.

About 20 minutes after drinking that shit that I had made, I sat down to watch TV. I was conviced that the people on TV were a part of me, dying to get out, because I could see them swaying, like they were trying to break out of their "TV image" (similar to the first time I tried weed... I remember a lot of swaying). Then lots of objects started floating, like my mouse when I was on AIM, ect. Then my keys on my keyboard seemed much too high for me to be able to reach. I took another hit or two from my pipe and layed down to watch some more TV on the couch. I fell asleep, and woke up about 3 hours later to turn off the lights in my basement. As I got up, I felt really, really weak - my bones and shit hurt a lot, and I remember seeing faces in the light bulbs. I felt really tipsy and woozey, I sat down and slept another 5 or 6 hours. The next day I felt like complete shit, especially since I went out drinking... Needless to say, the next 2 days were pretty slow and mellow, mostly feeling sick and tired, weak joints and bones.

It was alright, definately not worth all the time you spend out of commision afterwards. My experience was intensified by some weed I smoked - maybe just to spice it up, since the trip really isn't all that, at all. Just smoke a few bowls man, take some shots or sip on a good mixed drink. Same shit, you'll feel better in the morning.