Nutes timings on flood and drain system

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by darren mayhem, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone had an idea of at what stage to start adding nutes to my resevoire.

I'm using a flood and drain system and plants are about 2.5 weeks old, i have just transfered from cfl to my hps light and not sure if to add week nutes yet?

Thx
    D

2. if ur growing in hydro m8 u need to be using feed straight off.
    start by measuring the ec of ur tapwater & add feed to make up to ec 1.0 - 1.2 for starters.
    u need to compensate for the ec of ur tapwater, some have low solids, some (in hard water areas) have much higher ppm, so if they fed the same, their plants would be undernourished...........

Mine don't go much over 1.5 even at their peak - instead i increase the feed time & frequency - that way i get no nute burn & no deficiencies ;)

they don't grow any bigger or faster by feeding them more, in fact u'll fk them up lol.
    feed em lean, keep em keen ;)

premix ur feeds in a bucket tho - don't add ferts & stabilisers etc straight into the res ;)

3. Thx for the help.

4. I didn't start adding nutes to mine first off right now they are delicate babies and any stress can cause it to be a hermie. I suggest starting off really weak on the nutes and seeing how your plants react to them. Then you can steadily increase as the weaks go buy. Buy a PPM meter that measures up to 9999. Also make sure you pH is right. For the water i only use a 10gal reservoir and i buy 15gal at a time of distilled water. I always go to a different store as much as possible. there ar 0.63 USD a piece.