Nutes last 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Onceuponapuff, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Heyy,
    Week 7. Soil grow, chemical fertilizer.
    When I first started off with every grow I tried various different flushing techniques. They all proved to be not worth the hassle. And so with every passing harvest I flushed less and less, until I stopped flushing altogether. The bud still tasted amazing, smoked white, didn't sparkle and did not burn my throat. It's all in the dry/cure, and the way you grow.

Sure, I won't argue that flushing improves the quality even further than what you get without it - but in my opinion it's unnecessary stress for the plant, that reduces the quantity of the product.
    That's not a big deal if you're growing a few plants for quality. But I do not have the time(literally, I couldn't keep up if I flushed) nor do I want to prevent my plants from receiving nutrients the most important weeks of their lives.
    Here's a good read on that:
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/71685-critical-look-preharvest-flushing.html

Anyway, I used to stop feeding my plants last 2 weeks before harvest. But this time around I had a fresh idea - why? Why stop... why not feed til the very end to get the most out of them?

And so my quest started, roaming the webz for days, reading all I could about pre-harvest feeding/flushing/etc. I found nothing. Not a single valid reason to stop feeding my plants the last weeks of their maturation.
    It seems to just be a thing people do. Any reason behind it? Like does it delay maturation, or...?
    And pleaaaase spare me that "Bcuz nub ur buds will taste like chemical shit, n burn black n sparkle n rape your throat!" BULLSHIT. Same crap I have heard/read endless times about flushing, I don't flush - and my buds still taste, smell, and smoke x10 better than any other shit around.

2. A....If you want to smoke the stuff you put in your water go ahead....this is where headaches come from. I wouldnt drink the stuff so i dont want to smoke it.

2....you want the plant to run out of nitrogen to speed up dry and cure times.
    2 continued....yes the depletion of nutes is a sign to mature.....the cold fresh snow run off water tells them to kick the bucket faster.

c....my biggest reason is a waste of nutrients....no matter what you put in them they are dying. The trichs are formed....its over

3. I've been giving the same stuff to the plants the last 7 weeks - how do the last 2 weeks change anything at all? The bud is already made from what it is - from the same stuff I was giving it all it's life.
    Also, drinking chemical fertilizer and smoking bud grown with a chemical fertilizer - not reaaally the same thing, at all, k... how does that even make sense. I grow my outdoor tomatoes with a chemical fert, and they're yummi. Nope, no headaches.

Headaches come from smoking product that wasn't manicured properly. From smoking the leaves and stems, and poorly dried/cured bud in general.

The depletion of nutes is a sign of just that - depletion of nutes. You're so used to starving your plants to death that in your head it somehow means maturation?

As for c - buds pack on most weight during the last 2 weeks of maturation, how does your statement even make sense considering that fact? They're still growing - and growth is life, not death. They're dead when I cut them down and their bodies turn cold, not a moment sooner.

The only thing you said that is worth anything is this:
    2....you want the plant to run out of nitrogen to speed up dry and cure times.
    Then again, all the nutrients are stored within the foliage, get rid of the leaves and the problem is solved.

4. If 2 made sense then i dont know how 1 and 3 didnt.....oh well.....you answered your own questions.....well done....so slam products in it till the end...watch the magic happen.

5. #5 Onceuponapuff, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    2 made sense, because you deprive your plant from nutrients - causing it to cannibalize itself, suck up the Nitrogen in the fan leaves(same Nitrogen stored in them by breaking down the same synthetic nutes fed to the plant these 7 weeks) greatly reducing the overall amount of Nitrogen within the plant, as well as the amount of leaves to work with.
    If you hang the whole plant upside down when drying - of course it makes sense the plant dries faster as there are barely any leaves left on it, ergo - faster dry. Which is not at all necessarily a good thing.

6. #6 Onceuponapuff, Jan 7, 2015
    No nutrients are stored within the buds - fact. Manicure the leaves off the buds properly and I don't see a way you could end up with a harsh smoke, or smoke of lesser quality. And personally I always prefer a slower dry, leaving most of the leaves on to slow down the drying process and protect the buds.

7. Sounds good....my plant have the nutrients they need for the last 2 weeks with just water.....nitrogen can be stored in the bud OR ANY GREEN MATTER....like i said...you have better answers than anyone can give you...slam nutes...just please dont vend hahaha....please tell me....if headaches come from just leaves and stems and NOT NUTES then how do nugs sparkle or crackle? And how do i see written complaints from clubs when they put the products through shake rollers....if you dont know what that is...i cant help...you need to go to a club and get a vip tour.

8. #8 ProGMOII, Jan 7, 2015
    LOL, feed up to the end, when the buds are still making magic. You can eas eup a bit but do not starve them! People that get headaches are likely smoking weed that has not been harvested, dried or cured properly or some other short cut in drying and curing.

The best solution is when you trim, The Chlorophyll takes a bit for the sugars and starches to break down. If you want a headache, smoke the leaves. Starches and sugars both taste bad when burned and can result in a bad experience.

I have people love my weed and I have not flushed in 20 years. I do not tell people because they get this buzz and taste bias. My weed is not for sale, not for medicine, and not for the general public, just people in my circle of friends and family.

Know all you can about the cure and the rest is just awesome. period.

9. I wouldn't know for mine doesn't sparkle, nor crackle ;D and yes, still no headaches - always feed synthetic nutes, never flush.
    I'd blame too fast of a dry or a bad cure.

Well, I'll keep looking for opinions/info on this. I'm not vending, just that what you're stating is over the top, nonsense imo. Then again, it's just my opinion.
    You grow organically? Because from what you said you seem like an organic grower.

10. #10 ProGMOII, Jan 7, 2015
    here is one of the few brave men to go out there. http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/general-questions/flushed-unflushed-test-t42753.html

another:http://www.rollitup.org/t/the-i-dont-starve-my-plants-before-harvest-thread.496111/

is his story BS? I will give him the benefit of the doubt but would love to see it done a few times. everyone, to a person that has smoked shitty weed either knows nothing about it or has told me some indicator that the harvest, dry, and cure were poorly executed.

11. I run organic rooms and organic/synthetic rooms.
    If it doesnt crackle and burns white not black....its fine

The poor flush or over nute can come systemic or foliar

There are many people on here that run nutrient levels that do not require flush...and this can be achieved organic or synthetic...medium or hydro.

The water comes down to an oxidation reduction potential as the roots have hydraulic conductivity that finishes with the perfect timing of nutrients....if you lock your plant or finish with max nutrient ratios its simple....You're smoking nutes.

This is not my opinion or even research. ....this is an unnamed PHD alumni of UC davis

12. And another thing....i have poured nutrients into plants too long and they still start to yellow or purple or whatever so if the plant it kicking the bucket......why waste the nutes?

13. Poor farming techniques happen all the time. Until one understands the proper application of nutrients we will be at the mercy of ignorance. This happens to many farmers of any medium. regardless of the type of farming you do it is upon the grower to be smarter than the soil and plant he is working with.

many farmers actually believe they are not adding nutrients based on their style, That makes me laugh and feel for the plant which we could call a waste of emotion as well.

14. Crackling and burning is indicative of a poor cure. primarily excess water and gasses from the decay process in the cells doing the same thing that popcorn does.