nutes for roots organic soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by slim82, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Which nutes to use with roots soil for 1st time grower. Thanks

2. [quote name='"slim82"']Which nutes to use with roots soil for 1st time grower. Thanks[/quote]

Buy some earth worm castings, kelp meal, bio fish, and crab meal(all in boxes not bottles). Mix it in at 1cup per 1.5cuft bag and wet it down let it sit for a few days or weeks if u have time and plant. Don't need "nutes". Read the sticky threads about teas and soil mixes. This is the best advice I can give for using that soil. It's not my favorite but it will work.

3. I dont wanna spend the money to buy all that stuff. just for a small grow. Thats why i was gonna use the roots soil. If i was gonna do a bigger grow i would mix my own soil. But i figured roots was close to mixing my own organic soil. can you recommend a better bag soil?? thanks

4. [quote name='"slim82"']I dont wanna spend the money to buy all that stuff. just for a small grow. Thats why i was gonna use the roots soil. If i was gonna do a bigger grow i would mix my own soil. But i figured roots was close to mixing my own organic soil. can you recommend a better bag soil?? thanks[/quote]

Those things I listed will last you for several small grows and are the missing ingredients that bag of roots needs to be even a decent soil. That roots soil won't take you where you're wanting to go the way it is. If you want to use bottles get botanicare, earth juice, or age old. Keep em simple just grow and bloom and follow the directions. I'll never suggest using them over a good soil mix, but for what it looks like you're going for, they'll do the job. for more info on the bottled nutrients avoid the organics section. Were mostly anti hydro store/anti bottle fed around here. good luck and also give that soil a good rinse before puting any clones or seeds in it. It's really hot at first so leeching it a bit helps a ton.