Nutes/Ferts Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by applecast, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I'm a pretty experienced grower with a simple question. I had two plants back about a year ago, and just used Miracle Grow basic fertilizer.
    I was just curious to know, what do you guys think the best nutes and ferts are to give to a plant through vegging, and flowering?

Thanks, I appreciate anyone who answers.:smoking:

2. Here's my two cents. When it comes to nutrients, fertilizers, and additives. You get what you pay for, literally. If you give you plants the best food you can get them, they will give you the best amount, and quality of smoke you can grow.
    However, if you go cheap, and buy miracle grow, or other commercial, "all-in-one" fertilizers, like that, you will end up with poor results, and low quality product.
    My opinion on nutrients is to go either organic, or hybrid organic/synthetic.

The two best quality sets of nutrients you can buy are Canna and Advanced Nutrients. Both have amazing results, and the prices are quite the savings in comparison to buying the same amount of highest quality smoke from a dealer or compassion club.

When you spend more, you also get more. You might end up spending $500 on your nutrients and additives for 1 crop, however, if you end up yielding the highest quality product because of it, and these nutrients will aid in that; as well as giving you more yield than your standard 1 part grow or bloom fertilizers. Meaning, that not only do you end up with the best quality smoke, but you get A LOT more, than you would with cheap stuff.

This is all the god's honest truth, there is no substitute for quality.

Peace-

3. general hydroponics - FloraNova line

grow for veg cycle, then phasing gradually into bloom for flower

theyre a synthetic/organic hybrid. More synthetic than organic I think, but it tends to flush really easily.

also use superthrive every 3rd watering, and unsulphured molasses every water

the floranova are 20-30 each, but a bottle goes a mile. The molasses is dirt cheap, and superthrive is very reasonable. they all work beautifully together.

4. IMHO costs really does not matter when you get into the upper level nutes. Advanced Nutrients, Technaflora, FloraNova, Ionic, Fox Farm, etc... are all about the same price give or take a few dollars here or there and depending on where you buy them. I usually buy what is on special.

I always use 3 part formulas(Grow, Bloom, Boost) as well as a Cal/Mag additive and molasses.

Remember to read whatever nutes you decide on carefully and always go on the light end rather than full dose and watch your plants to see how they react. Some plants require slightly stronger amounts, others slightly less. Since I usually grow 2 or 3 different strains in my grows, I always mix as needed by each individual plant.

When it comes to your higher end nutes, the cost difference is a few dollars give or take, and IMHO well worth the extra money. MG is fine, but once you grow w/ quality nutes and see the differences in the flowering from using proper levels of primary and secondary nutes, you will never go back to using the all purpose inexpensive type nutes like MG.

less