nute strength experiment

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by dagobaker, Mar 14, 2008.

1. im experimenting with 3 different strength nutes for my hydro plants
    they are all white widow and clones from the same mother
    im tracking all the measurements and will be posting them starting next week
    first is a 50 % gh 3 part second is 100% gh 3 part third is fish water from cleaning up my tanks with a teaspoon of molasses and teaspoon of organic cal/mag .
    here we go

Attached Files:

2. interesting. my money is on #2

3. I've done this experiment before, except I was doing it in soil. Usually you get nute burn except when I use 100% strength for continuous feeding, but only feed them once a week.

4. ive only used half strength in the past because the white widow is sensitive and i dont want to burn it and waste nutes
    the fish water grow seemed to do good in the beginning and then kinda die out last time so i added the cal/mag (just a teaspoon for 2.5 gallons) and the molasses to help them feed a little bit
    my yield on the fish wasnt the greatest but the bud had almost twice the crystals so its a trade off i guess
    the fish water could be a special treat for once in a while

5. are you not supose to feed soil plants nutes every watering?

lol, i have no idea what im doing with soil, but im tossing lucas formula at em full strength every watering (every day, or every other day I water a half galon or more to each plant)

they seem to love it.

6. if it works then keep doing it
    i have well water and growing widow means that i have issues with dirt

7. here is an update
    fish water first which isnt growing much so maybe i need to cut off the molasses
    second is 50 percent
    third is the 100 percent which is doing amazing.....

Attached Files:

8. Mate for them fuckers to boom, they need nutes, the more you can give em without fucking them up the better. Its like feeding a kid, no food = skinny, Heaps of food = Fat bastard.

Give em heaps and get a good yield!!

:smoking:

9. lololol

10. the fish water exp. i did last time didnt have good yield but it had twice the crystals .....doing one plant everytime for an extra special smoke

11. He's doing an experiment... I think this guy probably already has a pretty good understanding of how the nutes work, but it seems like he's doing this for more than just the yeild. More for an understanding of Mary than anything. Correct me if I'm wrong...

12. ur right.......im trying to see just how much nutes are necessary for the best pot .... both quantity and quality

13. Fair call mate... Its a good experiment ... I look forward to seeing the end results ...

I just wanted you to get a good yield, White Widow is good no matter what!!

Good Luck..

14. well i had one fish tank and now im going to have 3 so im looking for a way to utilize the wasted fish water and hydroponics or aquaponics as they are calling it seemed like a good idea
    im a very long way off of figuring out how to properly use it but after maybe a year of trials ill get there.....even if i just add a small percentage of nutes to it and get a good yield its worth it...but im trying to keep one plants organic and see just how it stacks up....the first trial plant was incredible smoke just not much there...of a sog plants i got like 8 grams total... but what an 8 grams....lol..... thankx for ur interest..laterz

15. ok here is my 3rd update
    my first pic is of the 50% nute....plant looks good
    second is of the fish water plant that kinda looks sickly and needs a boost of some kind or the yield wont be too good
    third is 100% and starting to make me a believer
    i might be going at least 100% in the future if i dont encounter any burning

Attached Files:

16. this experiment is over because the 100% nute hydro plant is outgrowing everything in the garden so im switching over to using my fishwater as a base and adding 75% nutes to that and just see how much they grow....my 100% nute plant shows no burning at all and i even started with well water so im sure im really over the 100% since the well water is about .7ec without even adding any nutes...ill add 2 pics to show how crazy the plant is growing.
    i cant believe how this thing is growing and im thinking about going to even more hydro if this thing hits 2 ounces.....its hard to believe its still probably 5 weeks away from harvest.......

Attached Files: