Nute Deficiency? .. first grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by realready, Jul 30, 2010.

1. These are about 6 weeks old, and are in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Lately, I've noticed the lower leaves yellowing a bit. I'm wondering what exactly is the cause of this. I haven't been using any nutrients at all, and they were transplanted into these pots about 3 weeks ago (coming from solo cups w/ organic potting soil). Temps in my closet are always around 75, and never above 80. I have 2 mounted fans, and circulation is good in there. For now, I'm using 6500k CFL's. I water every 2-3 days, but have been battling over-watering since they first started to grow. I have a feeling they are a bit stunted.

Any suggestions in general would also be appreciated. I've been reading up on growing for around 8 months now, and this is my first attempt.

Attached Files:

• -1.jpg
      -1.jpg
      File size:
      497.8 KB
      Views:
    • -9.jpg
      -9.jpg
      File size:
      483.8 KB
      Views:
    • -8.jpg
      -8.jpg
      File size:
      471.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks more like an overwatering issue to me...to my knoweledge, a nute defficiency would generally cause your laves to pale more, but your top leaves still have a very rich color. The drooping is a little bit of a hint.
    But I'd still pick up some of FF's nutes to go with that soil at this point.

3. Hey man.

That IS a beautiful plant...

The only advice I have for u is about watering and the soil.

a) Weed likes to dry out somewhat between waterings. This is good for the roots cuz it forces them to stretch and grow, in search of water. U shouldnt have to "battle" an overwatering problem - just dont do it !!!

b) The colour of the leaves. The yellowing. Thats what I affectionately call the "FFOF burn". Excellent soil. It seems it runs a bit "hot" for the yungins tho.

I also highly recommend u go and get a good Ph meter.

A Ph meter to a grower is like a thermometer to a doctor. Y'all can quote me on that.

Freak
    :smoking:

4. #4 Stepdude420, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010

I agree with X15, it looks like a watering issue. It looks as if your plants are in clay pots, if so, water will evaporate throught the pot causing your plants to dry out much much quicker unlike it would with a plastic pot.

Stepdude420

5. Clay pots or good, but fabric "Smartpots" are even better. First time growing these illegal plants for me, and these pots work wonders. The drainage and aeration is excellent. Pretty hard to overwater using these pots.