Nute burn?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by llckll, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Hi, new to growing. This is my second grow.

There are two things I did today. Spray essential oil pesticides and give nutrients. Dr. Earth organic to be exact.

Now my plants look like this.

I did an initial flush and I plan on flushing for the new few days.

Will my plants be OK?

Attached Files:

2. looks like this...

GFP[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. All of a sudden when I added new soil and nutrients? I find it coincidental. How can I fix this?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm inclined to agree with the commenter above, this looks like a calcium deficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'll flush it for the next few days and if it doesn't look like it's getting better, I'll add dolomite lime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. what soil did you add ? if you have fed with a complete fert. then it's locked out because the ph is off at the rootzone..(usually too low) ALSO what ec level are you dosing? it needs to eat but it can't if the ph is off.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  7. I added miracle grow nature care raised bed soil. About 1.5" to top off and mixed it with the Dr. Earth fertilizer.

8. If you don't have any drainage like perlite or lavarock in your soil it's probably a root suffocation issue. Or overwatering. Roos like oxygen. If the soil is soaked let it dry out. But don't rule out a deficiency. I use dr earth spray as well and that didn't happen to mine.

9. Try to avoid miracle gro at all costs. The time release fertilizer is awful for your grow.

10. As GFP mentioned, your PH is super important right here. Your roots uptake nutrients in a range between 6.5-7.5, anything drastically higher or lower than that will completely prevent your plant from being able to feed itself, regardless of whether or not the nutrients are available in the soil.

11. NOOOO YOU ADDED MIRACLE GROW??? there's your problem....out of 100 soils it's the worst....SWAP asap even if it stresss the shit out of the plant.....Miracle grow has time release ferts ..that will slowly nuke that plant for a while...even in 5 months you still won't have flushed it.....

if you would have said MG I WOULD have told you earlier....

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lol I was trying to be gentler, but yes: what he said ^

Miracle Gro might as well be poison for cannabis, this includes all of its products: even the soil.

13. Have you ever heard of a soil brand called Happy Frog? It's sold everywhere, perhaps give that a try :)

14. Thanks. I won't use MG next time. Only reason I used it again was my first grow was relatively successful and I had a bunch of bags lYing around.

Y'all recommend using happy frog at this stage?

Live and learn.

15. happy frog is OK..some growers complain about magnesium issues after like a month but that's easily corrected with Cal. mag...you say you grew successfully once with Mg? ..how so? do you have pics? it's a rarity to even hear nowadays that one had success with MG

GFP

16. I will upload pics later. It was just one plant, purple Haze. I also used fox farms bloom with that grow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hmm

18. I was talking about dr earth pure & natural vegetable garden insects killer. Not nutrients or soil. I would never use miracle grow. But MG is your problem.