nute burn?/

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by highmofo, Feb 14, 2014.

1. 3 weekd old plant has 2 sets of yellow brown spots on leaves and browning on the stem as well.

heard flushing/overwatering weed plant helps. will leaves/stem bounce back? advice appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/226015-when-posting-your-sick-plants-questions.html

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil?miracle grow oraganic potting soil? think it has nutes blue/green on top of soil wen i water
    Indoors or outdoors?indoor
    What strain?bagseed of random dank
    How old are the plants? 3 week
    What type of lights and how many watts?cfl 120 watt single plant
    How far from the lights?1-2 inches? possibly light burn? not touching leaves but cfls get hot +they close
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? table water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? none
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?2 gall plastic pot
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? warm
    What size pots?2 gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. none i can see
    Any other pertinent info? only has it on the 2 sets, other leaves r fine or have little discoloration.
    will the burnt leaves bounce back with flushing???

4. #4 highmofo, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    anything i can imrpove on weed plant, mite get a blooming fert for fatter nugs in flowering stage like halfway throo

5. To me looks like magnesium def + light burn/heat burn from the plants being too close to hot lights.

Miracle grow is typically a no-no....

6. wut to do if magnesium deficney? pic posted says calcium deficeny and flsuhing wud help, have alot of runoff atm. excess water, noticed leaves were getting more brown spots wen i put em 1 inch close, just re positioned so they like 8 inch wawy

7. sprayed water over the fan leaves specialy ones with wut looks like either nute or heat burn, any1 tht has encountered tihs prob kno if fan leaves wil bounce back?

8. If you have blueish color on top of soil .. you should flush and flush some more. 3 weeks is when id START using nutes, little at first then work my way up. If you are using mg food, the blue sounds like you might be using the packets? If so, use like a quarter or less of that packet per gallon of water. Less is best with those nutes.

I'm agreeing with pokesmot247, if your not sure on defeciencys look on google for mj deficiency charts. There is a pic that helps out a lot.
    Dont spray your leaves when their not that old, especially with the lights being close.. 5 inches away is close enough. If its your first time, you will learn quick here. That n-p-k you see on the nutes.. learn about the ratios needed for seedlings/vegging/flowering.. you need less or more of each depending on the growth stage.
    Also. Is that one single cfl totalling 120w or multiple cfls?

We will figure it out. And the leaves bro, they prolly won't make it but the new top growth should take your worrys away. Hopefully.

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Nvm done did it for you and for me. I needed it anyway:)

Attached Files:

10. 3 40watt cflls 6500k

11. Right. Yea less than 5 inches away might have something to do with it but mag def. Might be that. Its close to 4300 lumens your working with for one plant so its fine to be that far away if it starts stretching than id lower it back.

12. would flushing help the nute burn? like 6 leaves have the brown yellow spots on it like look like it got burned

13. Flushing only flushes out the nute buildup on and in the soil.. it won't hurt to flush it. Remember to flush until water is clear. Dont give it nutes for a few days and see how she reacts. Those spots are mag defeciency , possibly because of nute lockout if you have too much buildup in your pot it won't let the proper nutes go to the roots., hence flushing it to clear out a possible issue.