Nute burn or Nute Def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bobs16, May 20, 2008.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil. Fox Farm
    Indoors or outdoors? indoor
    What strain? Big Bud & Afghani Dream
    How old are the plants? 2.3 weeks.
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL's 300watts total
    How far from the lights? 2-3 inches
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? These two were hit with 6-4-4 nutes 1/4th stregth
    What is the medium/runoff pH? 6.8
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? twmp ~80F ~40-50H
    What size pots? 5 gallons
    Any bugs? Look real close. None so far
    Any other pertinent info? They started doing this right after I transplanted them. However does not look stress oriented.

P.S. Sorry about pics snapped them before I left for work. Any help would be nice. Only on the 1st set of leaves at the very bottom. However I see small specs of yellow going for a new set of leaves. Only two of my plants are like this. I use Distilled water. I just bought Cal Mag if you think that may be a problem as well. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      142.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      206.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Fox Farm Ocean Forest?
    You added nutes too soon, thats nute burn.
    Your not supposed to add nutes for the first 4 weeks, and thats if they are growing very well.

3. yes ocean forest I just wanted to test it out. gave probably not even 25% of a teaspon. Weird how so little can do so much. I actually gave it to three plants and the third one ate it like a fat kid in a buffet and is getting huge. Should I wait on the cal mag as well because it is 2-0-0? And thanks for the quick reply I have used up that nute water already so I will just water with no nutes for 2 more weeks.

And these are growing very well. I am really happy with them.