Nute Burn On Seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by middleforker, May 21, 2013.

1. I germinated these seeds directly into Fox Farm ocean Forest. It looks like nute burn to me, but I welcome any opinions. 2013-05-20 18.00.59.jpg 2013-05-20 18.00.16.jpg

2. #2 CompleteAsshole, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    looks like burn here too. flush real good with 6.5ph water 3x the size of ur pot. let it dry out 1-2 inches below soil before watering. other than that I don't know what you can do. I though FFOF was supposed to be easy to grow in. 

edit: did you add perlite for drainage?

3. Fox farm ocean Forrest isn't ideal for seedlings as it is too "hot" out of the bag and cAn lead to burning. Fox farm warrior frog or something is the one to start seedlings in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yes I added Perlite, but maybe not enough. I ended up doing something fairly drastic, I bought some Coco Noir and mixed a new batch of OF with about 50% Coco Noir, more Perlite, saturated the soil and carefully moved the seedlings into the new soil. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

5. hell yeah it does. it's all a learning experience. good luck and keep us posted.

6. I looked for "Happy Frog" but couldn't find any locally. My last grow started with Miracle Grow potting soil (feeds for six months!) and the seedlings did great. I figured this had to be better.

7. Miracle grow is horrible for MJ. It has times release nutes and it has chemicals. That "fees for 6months" isn't what u want u don't need time release you want to be in control.

8. yeah, I was being kind of being ironic. Actually the plants turned out great. That being said I won't use Miracle Grow again. 2013-05-19 09.31.25.jpg