numbing the pain

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009.

1. #1 omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

2. I really try not to because thats how addictions start.

But it's hard to not turn to opiates if something really bad happens.

3. I won't tell you to solve your probs some way else, just because you asked not to, but I will say; be careful, control yourself, don't climb the drug ladder. eventually you'll be trying to numb more pain from numbing pain.

Trust me and please take this advice. I used to numb it all away, I used smack and crack, I have many problems to this day, mentally and physically, from drug use. It's just not a fun way. Luckly I'm clean of the H and rock, but damn after you get off of those kind of things the cravings and everything... You can't numb everything away for your whole life unless you plan on either living a short life or a sad/messed up life.

4. Done it a lot back in the day. Weak person I guess. Fuck it. What I am is what I am:eek:

5. I don't, and never have, used drugs as an escape from life problems. I do, however, use entheogens regularly to sort out life problems.

6. If you mean self-medicating - like your description of addys - nop, besides the recreational marijuana. I don't use it to run away from problems. You should probably try and work out the root cause to your pain. More constructive than building adderall depence.

7. #7 omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009

8. I would like to sympathize, but I can't. I dislike self-pity (no offense). I'm not putting you down cause I used to do that too a long time ago (around 4 years ago), but I realized what a pathetic way of living that is. Now i just do shit cause its fun

9. Drink beer instead

10. #10 omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009

11. I agree with ^. Opiates, benzo's, ect are all great for "easing the pain" of a rough time, but i definitely think the best way to figure out how to over come those rough times, and in some cases, have a realization that can completely change the direction in which you're leading your life, is by using some sort of Psychedelic.

12. #12 omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009

13. #13 xXR3CRUiiTXx, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    haha, funny thing is, as i type this, bad things are happening in my life, and i just blew some roxies. :)

^^^^oh, and to the OP, me and you have some similar problems, except i have a 4 month old daughter with her, i love her to death and i want her to change, same shit.

14. #14 omgtuxca, Sep 11, 2009

15. I do psychedelics to keep my mind off my problems with my girlfriend, right now she is to busy in life and I went from seeing her almost everyday or every other day to only seeing her maybe 1 time a week, and in the past 2 weeks ive only seen her about 12 hours total because she has just way to much going on right now with college, she is involved with many things. They take up all her time, and she has none left for me, but ive been with her for a long time. I took her virginity, and I love her alot I will always stay devoted to her but its hard and I need to fill the void in my life some how.

Something that works for me to keep my mind off everything else is set some goals, and work towards them no matter how small or big. Like for me, I am working towards owning my own buisness within the next 2-3 years as soon as I graduate college. It's kept me focused alot, and helps me get through alot to know that someday I will have what I wan't in my life, and not to be depressed about today, because in the future I will be happier then I ever could have been in the past.

16. I don't use drugs to "run away" from my problems, although I do take them to slow my thought process down enough to rationally think through them (bipolar disorder isn't a very nice/fun thing, but I'm stuck with it). Sometimes I'll get high to put off thinking about something for a while, but I always face it by the end of the night.

I've never been an emotionally sensitive person, most things that would shake up other people wouldn't even make my facial expression change. It goes both ways though, most things that people would derive happiness from doesn't make me feel anything.

It's not a fun life, but it's interesting to say the least.

17. I dont use any drug to numb any emotional pain. Pain makes me feel human. I like to feel human not some drugged up not happy person. Also dont use any stimulants to numb your pain, it will make you go psychotic. I've seen it happen before.

18. I don't do drugs to make myself feel better. I deal with problems when they come at me. I do drugs for fun.

19. I do em to escape stress and to chill. I am a very very high strung guy with a temper, but when im on opies or smokin weed I can just relax. Chill, and nothing bothers me and I forget about the weight I carry on my shoulders...damn im noddin ha love oxy :D

20. #20 Snap, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    I won't lie, I can't go one day without my ADD meds, not one day at all. I've tried and it is fucking hell, not worth it in my honest opinion...

Life without Vyvanse is horrible. I can live without anything else.

Yes I know I'm fucked up lol.