NPK Percentage & Ratio - Vegetatoion, Pre-Flowering, Flowering & Fructification

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr_Green, Oct 7, 2010.

1. #1 Dr_Green, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    I made another chart concerning the NPK Identification ( Percentage and Ratio ). Hopefully this will understood by everyone! Just remember there's flowering and then there's fructification :smoke:

2. damn dude, why do you do this to yourself...

first off, how do you measure the ppm of individual nutrients?

second, that shit is a little confusing to look at

third, what the fuck is frutification?

Those are right off the top of my head. But i also dont know what im talking about...right?

-Teapot

3. First, Either you divide or multiply by 10.

Example 10% of Nitrogen mean at (1 gram or 1 ml) / 1 litre of Water you will have 100 ppm of nitrogen! If it says 100 ppm then divide by 10 and you will have the percentage (10%) in 1 gram or 1 ml / 1 litre of water.

Second, the explanation on top should help.

Third, Flowering is when you start budding the plant or when the plant start showing some small buds. Week 1, 2, 3, 4. Fructification is when you start giving more potassium to get the buds that you started to enlarge and basically have more weight or yield. Which is week 5, 6, 7 and 8.

4. ok then whats after fructification? dryification? cureificatoin?

Fructification is just a fancy word for flowering....get your shit strait before you post random shit that really doesnt make sense.

5. Also, where did you get this info? and dont tell me its from your own personal experience. If so i would like to see your journals.

6. Wow..there is some crazy stuff posted on this forum. Its almost as if they are making it up....LOL!

I would guess that those ratio's are no where near accurate and using those formula's you should get a different result evrytime.....its missing a few steps for starters...:eek:

Fructification....ROFL!!

7. #7 Dr_Green, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Personal experience and school. I went to horticulture school for 1 year!

Oh and after all thats its called smoking the ganga..lol!

8. Why arent they accurate?

That's the NPK I was using and gave me 1 gram / 1 watt each time!

And on a plant like an apple tree there is something called a Flower and a Fruit...lol!

I'm pretty sure you don't eat the flower of the apple tree or do you? hehehe...

9. haha kids with mj books vs a horticulturalist. that's seriously hilarious i doubt you kids know nearly as much as him about biology and c-3 plants. i like to think i can beat up steven seagal too but hes got a little bit more experience...

10. Your threads are all too general. They may be good ways to grow plants but this forum is here to grow WWEEEEDDD. not apple trees.

11. and him possibly being a horticulturist doesnt mean he knows what hes doing.

Jay Cutler is a pro QB and he still doesnt know what the fuck hes doing...lol

sorry guys, had to, especially after watching him get sacked 9 times in the first half of last weeks game.

12. Nice work Doc. I've got to digest this a bit more but I'm with you on your model. At first glance I think your n-p-k ratios are consistent with my thinking though I am a little surprised to see the amount of K all they way through. Not disagreeing with it, I just need to noodle on it a little bit more.

Also, the ratio of your Ca:Mg is very consistent with what I've researched. And I've got to think about the Su ratio as well.

This is good stuff people! It might pay benefits to you to study this a bit more.... just saying... don't throw too many rocks at the Doc yet! What he's trying to dial into is: a) appropriate and complimentary ratios between nutrients, b) the weight (percentage/amount) of each. Nice!

13. Thanks! It took me 2 years to get this recipe just right :smoke: This recipe came from a lot of research, advice from my teachers and a lot of testing. With the results of 1 grams / 1 watt using either 600w or 1000w I know its good. Never gonna change this recipe and honestly the buds at the end where easily in the 30% THC range!

14. I'm asking these questions from the perspective of how to apply to a 100% organic, microbial active, soiless grow medium. Water-only except for top dressing as required and favorable use of AACT's.

Are your P and K estimates provided on their elemental basis or as in their oxide form (which is most common)? I'm also curious to your opinion of a preferred ratio of WSN:WIN, and any thoughts on the relationship between K:Mg in the overall scheme of "things".

Thanks Doc. Just more pieces of the puzzle and additional dots to connect… :)

15. The only thing in my recipe that isnt 100% organic is the nitrogen since its a petrolium based product. Everything else is a base elements. Tho are you talking about the 4% adjustment that can be made with P/K? I have no idea what you mean by " WSN:WIN " if you could explain. Potassium helps the creation of sugars which give the plant mass and magnesium has a very important role in the photosynthesis of the plant keeping everything organized.

Never heard of AACT before!

16. #16 Raoul, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    Sources of Nitrogen
    Nitrogen sources are commonly classified as either water insoluble (WIN) or water soluble (WSN). WIN is also called slow release nitrogen and WSN is known as quick release nitrogen. Water insoluble nitrogen is not immediately available for plant use and is converted over time into compounds for plant uptake. Water soluble nitrogen is already in plant uptake form. Advantages to utilizing WIN include; low salt index (low burn potential), low potential for leaching into groundwater, and a gradual metering of nutrients from a single application. WSN has the opposite qualities; high salt index (high burn potential), high leaching potential (potential groundwater contaminant), and it can cause an undesirable flush of growth as the plant uses the excess nutrient (more frequent mowing required).

Turf Fertilizer

Question I have - Is Urea and Ammonical N directly usable by plants or must it be converted to Nitrate 1st..

17. Sorry went to French school ;) It's all WSN, thats why I considerably lower the nitrogen levels in my recipe.

18. The numbers in veg are not that extreme, common wisdom is the n and k switched, but the fruitation values for P and K are off the hook. If you are correct I have been poisoning my plants with too much P and starving them of K.

I always went by a ratio of ~ 3-1-2 veg and 1-3-2 flower. This is also consistant with alot of mainstream fertilizers (eg. happy frog fruit and flower, Dr. earth bud and bloom etc.)

19. so im from ireland so im useless with brand names but can anyone recommend me a good ratio for the veg state?
    any ideas at all?

20. My apologies for the abbreviation curve ball for WSN and WIN. I shoulda known better but you all figured out what I meant. As Raoul stated one is water soluble the other is water insoluble the latter requiring microbial activity to break it down.

So rainman, JMHO, but a good ratio for veg is along the lines of 4-1-3 or similar ratio of N to K. But as we're talking, that is the ratio. Next up is to determine 'how much' (weight, volume, etc). Personally I'm still noodling that one over but getting closer to an answer for a 120 day life-cycle. And of course P is critically important but not to the degree that some infuse their soil with it. What we're all looking for is complimentary balance in ratio of the macro nutrients.

But for your specific question my findings are 4-1-3 or similar ratio for N-P-K. JMO and caveat emptor. For my next grow this is what I'm putting to test.