Now You See Me (2013)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Jun 7, 2013.

1. #1 Vee, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    I've been expounding my views on flicks for some time on GC, very few get a mention or a score above 8/10, but when I turned to the young hick infested 'boy' as to whats next, I just knew by the glint in his virginal eye that he had something special....and this was it,
    first I thought it was a re-run of Catch Me If You Can ....wrong!!!!!

It went like this, to the roof, blaze, blaze again then some more, stagger to our sedentary positions then roll flick ...................then """BANG"""

One of those movies that Mj and flick just roll into one, and you are transported to a way new level of entertainment ....fantastic, ...............however it left me wanting more, which ain't my fault, more to do with the story, and by the time the blaze was over, the film had been reduced to a tv cop story, but a good one...

When it comes to summer movies, this is about as good as it gets. We got to the movies to be entertained and lose ourselves for 2 hours for a price of an admission ticket. I can say without flinching that this was totally worth it.

The film was so much more enjoyable than I thought it would be from watching the trailers. It has a lot of wit, clever plot, suspense, magic, humor, twists, and action. It has something for everybody. The acting was great overall and I really liked the characters. In my mind 3 people stuck out. Mark ruffalo, Morgan freeman, and woody harrelson. They were great.

Overall I was surprised at how good the story was. Sure it won't win any Oscars but it takes a road at the end that nobody would see coming. It makes you want to go back and see it twice to understand it better, and just like all magic tricks, some of it can't be explained and you are left with no answer but to believe that what you saw was true. And to me that's fun ...SliceCody

Vostok Score = 9/10

Attached Files:

2. Yeah I really wanna see this movie, after reading what you have to say I REALLY have to see this movie!

3. ....and I had the chance to see this again, and jumped at it, this time I was the only guy in the room blazzed, and it was fun to see these straight friends of mine being taken for a ride, see as I'm blazzed I can't focus on the 'magic' and as such can't get caught, and that rips a lot of magicians up ...lol

flick of the year 9/10

4. I saw this as well. I thought it was a pretty fantastic movie as well! Definitely not all the actors at their best, but aside from a few 'what?' moments, it is a damn good movie to watch; stoned or not.

The piranha tank... o.o

I'd give it a 8/10, apparently there's already a sequel coming out.

5. It was a pretty good movie, i missed some of it due to my gf being a distraction but that's alright i will definitely watch it again sometime

6. C'mon guys its Grass City, ...I mean I always go blazzed and what made this great, was when blazzed and some guy does this magic shit, you just know somethings going down, like I'm too ripped to care to look for the con, but you just know there is one, and what makes it better was the audience in the cinema with me, and in the film were looking real hard to find the con, but you don't care, and like by not caring you can see the con.....real fucking strange, I'm getting the disc, and gonna be an extra in the flick if I can date this old chick .....lol!

7. I saw this movie and it was absolute shit to me, maybe I'm weird?