Now this is some bullshit

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MadbuddhA, Apr 6, 2011.

1. This story is hilarious to a certain extent. On the other hand its fucking depressing in regard to the situation at hand. A family friend of mine whose a year younger than me just got in-school suspension. Now the penalty isn't severe, but listen to this story.

This kid is brilliant, but sees the educational system for what it is, broken. Hes been doing the bare minimum all throughout high school just to get by even though he has amazing potential. I cant blame him, i share the same exact views he does. But his ideals fucked him over this time. If theres one thing he hates its when administration abuses their powers. He doesn't conform with the flow just because its easier. Today in his first class, his teacher kicked him out since he was late by a few minutes. The real reason was because today was the last day to work on the project in class that was due tomorrow. By the way, this teacher is a bitch, ive had her when i went to the same high school. Pissed off he called his mom to sign him out so he could drive off campus.

When he hung up, now being third period, the dean sees him in the hallway and thinks hes cutting. Long story short the motherfucker grabs the phone away from him and sits him down in the main office. Tells him hes suspended for the day. He didn't even argue, just got up and told the dean no problem let me speak to my parents and let them know what the situation is. The dean got in his face and told him to sit the fuck down and hell call her when its good for him even if its 8 pm, and instigating the kid by telling him he cant speak to mommy and shit. He bit his tongue since he didn't want to act on the urge of smashing this guys face in. They were basically keeping him in a jail without notifying his parents of whats going on and not letting him do so, which is fucking unreasonable since there excuse was "were busy rite now", well the kid that had his phone taken away and is sitting like an idiot on the chair isnt.

As soon as the deen left he got up to get his phone and the secretaries phoned the motherfucker in haha. This kid couldn't do anything. He started yelling at them that if they don't notify his parents of whats going on he was going to leave school. They told him if he did so he would be expelled. Its been 40 or so minutes now.

His mom knowing somethings up already and calling her son who didnt have his phone, came to school to find him sitting in the main office. He told her the situation and she went ballistic on the principle and dean. This is the part im the most pissed off about, especially sharing the same views as this kid.

In the meeting they then had between him, his mom, the principle, and the dean, he tells me how he was running circles around these two dumb asses and proving them wrong and how ridiculous the situation they just imposed on him was. He told me the conversation word for word, and the shit that the principle was saying shocked me. "Stop fighting the system and just follow it already!" and "Stop playing lawyer and be humble". He said at that point he was done. He saw that his views and ideals didn't mean shit, and that theres nothing he can do. He told me at that point he felt such a feeling of helplessness that he has never experienced such a depression at one moment. They crushed his mentality because hes a genius who doesn't conform. They ended up giving him in-school suspension for that day and detention for two weeks.

Im sad since this kid had so much potential and they just destroyed him. He just said all the spirit in him died and if following the flow is whats gunna get him by then fuck it.

And there are only two months left untill he graduated...

I dont know what i would do in that situation, but it depresses the shit out of me knowing that just happened.

2. These people are just ignorant, that shouldnt of happend and i think its against the law. I would get a lawyer and sue them for keeping him that long. Where i live in canada the kid has a right to leave after the bell rings even if it is a detention..

3. Haha this all happened over a matter of four hours. Theres a lot of details i left out. He told me he tried to leave and he knew they were abusing there power but there was really nothing he can do but follow what they said or else the situation would have gotten much worse for him. Even though he was right, they still have the power.

And thats the worst part of it. Its a huge blow to this kids mentality.

4. Keep your head up. True genius continues onto ambition.

5. kid should put some effort in them. He sound's like one of those snobby asses that want's to "beat" the system because he thinks hes cool. Go flow with the flow, and smoke some ganja on the way.

6. wtf? that story sounds so stupid dude...

how can a genius be broken down by a couple of ignorant grown ups? Hes a fucking genius, cmon now.

7. Not my head, i left that school last year.

And you should stop making assumption on people you never met before based off a couple sentences online :) You sound like you're one of those clueless ignorant sheep who follow their master blindly because they are a pussy with no backbone to fight against something that is wrong.

You see how assumptions work now? By the way, you couldn't be any further away from the truth.

8. sounds like a great solution to the 'broken' system...

9. Not a solution. He doesnt need good grades to do what he wants to do, just needed to graduate. He sees the system for what it is and instead of being a part and following it he decided to do what he needs just to get it over with.

10. so because he doesn't need good grades, he's going to silently revolt by just barely passing his classes? again, i fail to see the effectiveness of such a strategy?

11. My high school administration was very cool. Used to play Bball with them every Wednesday and Friday morning.

12. He should of just performed a throat rip on the dean and then taken out the secretary with a flying-lung-karate-head-butt and then been on his merry way.

Not much of a genious in my books...Ho-ho-ho.

13. You fail at reading as well. Like i said he wasnt revolting. He went head to head with his teachers in the past and called them out when they were wrong. Saw that they have the authority over him, which again they shouldnt as there job is to teach, and decided that hell shut up and do the minimum to graduate without putting in effort to a system he didnt agree with. No strategy here...

14. Hop off the kids cock

15. #15 engneer, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Dude history is full of instances of "the man" oppressing people. You deal with "the mods" on here. Get over it and deal with it or be depressed for life.

As for your "brilliant", underachieving friend...he doesn't sound like anything special. Sounds like he's doing what billions of people have done...wasting his potential and being a loser.

16. a smart person wouldn't put themselves in that kind of situation. Just saying....

17. Its this exact mentality that i don't understand. Fuck conforming to a society and structure thats wrong. Why because its easier? Thats fucking bullshit. You guys need to grow some balls and stand up for your beliefs. I bet any of you would sit quietly while getting pounded up the ass instead of revolting in any situation that called for it. Blind sheep.

As for my brilliant friend, this motherfucker would eat you alive in any subject or physical activity of your choice. Just because he decided not to follow a broken educational system to get some bullshit piece of paper, doesn't mean hes wasting his potential and being a loser.

Never said he was smart. He even said the smart thing to do is to follow, but it isnt the right thing.

18. and you're evidently still in high school...

the implication being that he was 'going against the system', hence revolting. furthermore,

actually, you did...

unless brilliant and smart have since ceased to be synonymous?

19. #19 MrHhhiiiooo, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah the administration fucked up but so did your friend. Also it sounds like you're just not conforming to not conform because that's what half this story is about. Stop trying to be a minority. Not trying to be a dick or anything :)

Edit: also just because the education system is broken doesn't mean you should do the bare minimum to get by. You would just be part of the problem.

20. You talk a lot.