Now HERES a portable with some vapor production......

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lwien, Dec 11, 2013.

1. #1 lwien, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    http://youtu.be/lJ38N0AV7wI

I don't put much credence in the VaporCritic's reviews, but check out those vapor clouds at the end of the vid.   Wow..........And...........it's convection based.   Now THIS could be a winner.  A bit expensive but I've never seen any other portable able to do this.

A convection based battery operated portable that can pump out this kind of vapor........impressive.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Yosh139, Dec 11, 2013
    I don't wanna come in and completely derail your thread entirely, but I think that the Hammer can be pretty powerful as well if you combine it with the lock on stems. There aren't many videos of people using it though.

I do love the way that vape looks though, and I'm into the kind of fancy looking vapes. I love how the air path splits up in two.

3. #3 lwien, Dec 11, 2013
    Not a problem, Yosh.   I don't see it as a derail.  Comparing this vape to others is, imho, what it's all about.

The main question I have about this vape is does it take the full 400 degrees to be able to produce those clouds? 

4. Nice vape production for sure. I would only be concerned with if that vapor still tastes good or not. I remember seeing it for sale a while ago but it had no reviews yet. Looks like a winner. 

5. Being that the makers of the Grasshopper have stated that their vape is comparable to desktop vapes, THIS is the kind of vid that I want to see from them, but I have this strange feeling that that will never happen.

Yeah, that would definitely give me more confidence in the GH design.  Hopefully they will.

The Firefly vape clouds were quite impressive! Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was thinking the whole way through the vid that this thing looks awesome ... But for the price, I didn't feel like I'd prefer it over my pax. I'm glad that in the end he said the pax is more portable .... Those clouds do look great... I'm confident I get the same after learning how to use my pax perfectly....Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 lwien, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013

What I don't like about the PAX is that it is a conduction based vape, versus the FireFly that is convection based.    The PAX is constantly cooking your herb as it's heating up, between hits, and as it's cooling down.  The FireFly is heat on demand, so the big difference here is wasted bud with the Pax along with more smell being that it is constantly cooking your herb but it is lighter and smaller, which is why the manufacturer went conduction.    The power requirements for a convection based vape is much higher, ergo.........bigger and heavier.

9. [quote name="lwien" post="19145472" timestamp="1386811137"]What I don't like about the PAX is that it is a conduction based vape, versus the FireFly that is convection based. The PAX is constantly cooking your herb as it's heating up, between hits, and as it's cooling down. The FireFly is heat on demand, so the big difference here is wasted bud with the Pax along with more smell being that it is constantly cooking your herb.[/quote]Yes those are valid points. I've never felt like I'm wasting budd with my pax... Def not enough to worry about. If the pax had this feature of holding a button for heat and only hitting when I held down a button, I'd love it..... But I still think I prefer the pax over all ( I've never actually tried the firefly) I'd get annoyed with budd on the window and if it can get messy outside of the oven and needs constant attention ... I'd lose interest. Prob easy to suck back a bit of Herb too, depending on how finely ground up it is.Maybe I'm just too in love with my pax to open my mindThe firefly looks really sweet... It seems too expensive compared to its competition in the portable market. Def a step in the right direction Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app