Notill outdoor 200 gallon now in flower.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ocitown, Dec 7, 2018.

1. image.jpg
    Jack Herer
    Blue Crack
    White Fire
    Cherry Pie#4
    Cherry Pie#5
    Harbor side

Spent about three months LST’ing topping and fimm’ing these six beautiful healthy plants.
    They are four days into flower with two screens about 12” apart,one at 24” and the second is at 36”.
    The canopy is 5 feet square and 3 feet tall at this time.

I may add one or two additional screens as needed for support as I’m not sure about the characteristics of these strains.

I’m new to outdoor(not indoor) and have read tons on trimming vs leaving the under canopy.

Any advice to trim or not to trim is welcome at this time.

Thanx GC

Oci

• Like Like x 5
  2. Given that you're using a screen, I would personally trim everything under.
    It's different if you grow taller plants or don't top. The branches with good sun exposure always grow longer and thicker, so those are the "chosen" branches the plant will put the most juice into. All the other flimsy branches from the lower 1/3 of the plant I cut off. Then I thin the middles. Nice balance of yield and quality.
    Looking good in here friend, plants look healthy - jealous of your 200Gs!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanx PoiBoy79 for your kind words.

I’m just not completely convinced trimming really makes outdoor plant main colas grow bigger,indoor I know is yes.

Not one sign of leaf bites or black hats yet!
    We shall see,I believe I choose the worst time of year for outdoor yield,cold,wet and lower lighting.
    First NT grow is also the least productive.

So far so good!

• Like Like x 2
  4. So you have all the girls in this one 200 g pot ? Mmm Are the roots separated by a dividers or are you allowing them to inner tangle.
    As Poiboy said trimming all that low crap off the bottum will give your plants a lot of benefits and increase your quality yield.
    Looks good though I'll be waching to see how it go's
    Good luck n happy growing

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  5. No need to partition a#200.
    As I said,I’m not 100% convinced removing inner branches has anything to do with higher yield on main colas.

With outdoor I have maximum photosynthesis and the highest guality notill soil with a solid IPM.
    If I am correct and main colas don’t suffer I will be left with a shit ton of larf which would make a good deal of dry ice hash.

Being outdoor it gets great airflow and my PM IPM is done with a 1949 and a very special fine mist brass head which gets deep into all the areas well.

Maybe I’ll slowly start trimming the deep interior of three and leave three as a test,problem is I’m not sure of the standard yield each of these new strains produce and two are sativa dominant.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't think trimming off weak branches increases overall yield, it might increase the size of the remaining buds a tad, I do it because it increases the relative quality of the overall harvest. This is because I grow for quality flowers and could give a shit about larf and hash making. If I did grow for hash/extracts I wouldn't trim a thing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. you can prune some of the lower fan leaves that aren't receiving light.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes and any small tiny branches that will not produce.
    This allows the plant to provide nutrition to the more desirable buds sites

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  9. You've got 6 plants going in one 200 gallon Smartpot?
    They came from Harborside?
    I'm guessing you're in California, SF bay area.
    If you set 1 plant in one 200 gallon Smartpot and let it grow a full season
    ( start in spring, harvest in fall)
    You'd be pulling close to 4 pounds off one plant.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes
    One is called “Harborside” and it’s unreleased as of yet.
    These 6 have been vegging now for 3 months (some light assist) now being left alone to flower,they are clones.
    My plan is to grow one from seed from this April till October but I’m considering just adding another 6 in February (14 weeks old) and just flowering those,not sure till I see what these will do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just remove all fan leaves on some mango tech shit lol
    Maybe just leave a few on top like that every thing in the middle gets swipe with buds too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum