Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Notice From Apartment/Smell Cover Up

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EternalRefuge, Apr 14, 2012.

1. #1 EternalRefuge, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    So I will preface this by saying I am 27. I'm bipolar. I have a college degree in engineering and a good job that doesn't even mention "drug test" anywhere. I moved recently for work and the only people I know are are just two friends, I keep in my apartment mostly unless I'm at work or out doing errands. Kind of a shut in. I live in a nice place that I love. I smoke weed because my meds kill my appetite and I wont eat. Which is fucked up because I'm a little over weight (in my book anyway), but I find if I don't eat I get far too manic. I do it responsibly and must be in the right mind set for it. Other the crashes are not worth everything. At any rate I've been feeling great lately so I smoked two days with two different friends. Today I got a notice from my apartment complex stating "There is a strong smell of marijuana coming from your home and effecting others around you." Which I get, there are families being raised around me. I don't want to just quit, some nights my insanity is only quelled when the only way I can calm down is with some sweet Mary Jane. I'm also aware of the risk of panic attacks, but it very rarely happens. I find I become much more level headed and reasonable with myself and can we even shake off the issue at hand, whatever it be fore that day (it's a daily life for me, every day is something different!). I plan on cutting back pot as soon as my meds are stable enough that I don't need to smoke weed if I find myself constantly thinking something that is no big deal, I'm just dramatizing over it for the day, which does happen. The overall plan is to actually cut back to once every couple months, maybe like 4 times a year. But for the mean time, these medications take time to really take effect, so it could be 3-4 weeks from the time I started before if they even work.

I'm actually going to get my marijuana license next week. Congrats to me! I want it just because I can have it. Plus I'd like to just go in a dispensary, it's a minority! :) I realize this statement also takes away from the above post and helps me nil since it's in my renter's agreement NO DRUGS, blah blah, blah. I screwed up, I get it. Will rectify and you can leave me alone again.

That being said, I need to be far more responsible about my toking habits. I know nothing about smelly goods. What would obliterate any and all smell. I bought candles once from Yankee Candle Shop, it was 40 bucks for two :mad: candles. I honestly only bought them because there was some retarded hot chick working. I got some blueberry one that was the boooomb. But 40 bucks is stupid. They were done in a matter of like 2-3 weeks from all the toking I did back in my college days haha. I need the no bullshit answer from you guys and less sales talk. Anything else I can do to really tighten up my toke game so no one has a reason to complain.

2. Anything I could run out and buy this weekend in a store? It's the weekend and I just picked up a little bit! I was looking to just mellow out and relax this weekend.

3. You could go out and get some activated carbon from walmart or something (same thing that the smokebuddy uses)and make yourself a homemade carbon filter. Might not work as good but should still cut down drastically on smell. Get a paper towel roll and put a coffee filter or two on one end, then pour an inch or two of carbon inside. Blow your hits straight down for most filtration. Also if youre smoking joints/blunts there is nothing you can really do. Get your bong, snap your hit, then blow into your Smoke Buddy or home made carbon filter.

4. Nice linkage! OK. Where can I buy the Aquapods at? I want to know before I run all over town haha.

5. just cut a normal sized bottle down to that size. scroll down a little in the diy it explains it.

6. I dont have any bottled water here haha, so I'd need to run out anyway

7. Some tips from a fellow apartment-dweller...

Smoke in whatever room is furthest from your front door and away from any open windows (unless your windows are far away from neighboring apartments). If you can't or don't want to do a carbon filter sploof, you can also stuff a toilet paper/paper towel roll with a bunch of fabric softener sheets.

Hit the pipe, cap it right away so it doesn't keep smoking, exhale through the sploof.

If you feel like it's necessary, maybe light a stick of incense in a room closer to your door/windows so that the neighbors are smelling that instead of weed. But use the incense lightly, some people don't appreciate a strong incense smell any more than they do a strong weed smell. :p

8. i think the ultimate solution would be to just get a vaporizer if you are willing to spend the money.

9. vaporizer....open window....fan

10. Open windows aren't always a good idea in an apartment. A lot of times your windows are very close to your neighbors window. So if you both have your windows open, they might just smell it even more. :p

Depends entirely on what your complex is like, though.

11. Get a vape bro nobody will smell anything. Its a investment that you will get back

12. you honestly don't even need to open your windows if you're vaporizing, given you don't turn the heat up too high.

13. I feel you man I am lucky enough to live in a duplex though (only one neighbor above me). Though it isn't always enjoyable the best thing I have found to blow smoke into the ventilation fan on my stove if I don't have sploof materials. No smell in my apartment but it is slightly inconvenient. I would just like to roll a j and relax in my chair sometimes.

14. You can buy smoke buddy at Spencers in the mall

15. burn incense from now on when u smoke. covers it completely. and its cheap as shit.

16. Gonna revive this just to throw out recs for anybody stumbling along the same question 8 years later.

Good habits while smoking are turning on fans/air, lighting a candle, and having a door/window open year round.

While smoking, use incense, a 'smoke odor exterminator' candle, or a smoke buddy. Literally any incense, wildberry (brand) is popular, I prefer satyha. If you can't burn incense then use the latter options. Based on my own experience using and selling both products, I think it's important to get the name brand for each. The 'smoke odor exterminator' brand is formulated for smoke specifically blah blah blah... not going to hit yall with selling points but the shit works. I still buy it regularly. And the smoke buddies can be pricey but are 100% worth it, I have my medium in my smoke bag at all times lol.

After smoking, use 'smoke odor exterminator' spray/candle or ozium. The SOE candle can be kept burning from the sesh, or you can use their spray. If you want extreme power.... ozium. That shit is industrial grade. You'll get the smell out, you just -need- to be sure you are not going to breathe it in because in high amounts it's a neurotoxin. That's the trade off!

Happy chiefing.

17. Gonna revive this just to throw out recs for anybody stumbling along the same question 8 years later.

Good habits while smoking are turning on fans/air, lighting a candle, and having a door/window open year round.

While smoking, use incense, a 'smoke odor exterminator' candle, or a smoke buddy. Literally any incense, wildberry (brand) is popular, I prefer satyha. If you can't burn incense then use the latter options. Based on my own experience using and selling both products, I think it's important to get the name brand for each. The 'smoke odor exterminator' brand is formulated for smoke specifically blah blah blah... not going to hit yall with selling points but the shit works. I still buy it regularly. And the smoke buddies can be pricey but are 100% worth it, I have my medium in my smoke bag at all times lol.

After smoking, use 'smoke odor exterminator' spray/candle or ozium. The SOE candle can be kept burning from the sesh, or you can use their spray. If you want extreme power.... ozium. That shit is industrial grade. You'll get the smell out, you just -need- to be sure you are not going to breathe it in because in high amounts it's a neurotoxin. That's the trade off!

Happy chiefing.

18. tolet paper roll with a bunch of fabric softer stuffed and taped in there... Exhale through it and the house smells like laundry.. Always did that when i was a kid