not your average summer job

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kitkanz, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, its been a while since my last post but I've had this idea in the back of my mind for the past several months now that I feel someone here could answer.

This next summer I wanna go work for a (legal) grow operation if at all possible. I'm from Texas and can't legally grow around here but I am completely fascinated by growing marijuana. If anyone has seen the movie "Humboldt County" I imagine it would be something like that (except I would have planned the trip beforehand and I wouldn't want the movie drama obviously :p)

But if anyone has any information or could direct me in the correct path for this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading and happy toking!

2. It isn't your usual summer job and things are a little different hereabouts than Texas
    is , that's a for sure. And it's *not* a movie , nowhere near. It's one hell of a lot of
    hard work and at times very long hours , but it's also a growth industry that's not
    going to go away.

And nobody can really * direct* you , make your way to the Emerald Triangle
    and establish yourself within the community as someone that's worth working
    with , that may entail something like trimming for someone at first.

3. ya i i were you id head straight to the triangle. and get a few grows under my belt there. id try and make freinds with as many chill people as possible and obv theres gonna be alot of good leagal growers. talk about it . its not just gonna be you go there and you start working it could be awhile until you can start working at a legal grow room

i say head there its soooo worth it trust me

4. Monsters are "falling" in my neck of the woods. And now is not the best time of year to come up here and try to make friends. Everyone on my side of the hill is very aprehensive to visitors at the moment!

5. #5 pinoypayter, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    lololol "legal" grow ops.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Rule number one about growing. Don't tell
    Any one. Y would any ever want to talk with some one let alone have them come work where there is hundreds of thousands of dollars of pot. Worse your out of state I would think you could be just trying to set me up for a giants rip. Not saying that is your plan. That is how I would see it. Your kinda SOL on that. It not like the way the movies make it around here.

7. Thing is I'm in college so just going to Cali is out of the picture. I guess I really should have done some more research into this myself before asking.

What about a job in a dispensary or perhaps making edibles? I'm not too far from Colorado if it's different there

8. #8 alpharettatoker, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
    everybody is thinking like you "lets head out west and get in on this"

Stay where it isnt legal yet out east is where its at if you wanna make a livin

Fuck workin for someones grow op make your own... do work Thats the reason why most people grow or at least I do cause Im my own man Im the one who decideds how much I wanna make, How much I wanna work, And when I want to work, And even what I get paid sometimes

Ya might have to grow a pair though

9. Thing is I'm not wanting to do this just for the sake of money, sure it would be nice to be able to get some out of it but I really am fascinated with the idea of growing and would do it just to see the beautiful plants that would result.

Thats good you're able to just go do that all so congrats for having a lifestyle that appeals to me. I find you're grow a pair comment is a bit stupid though seeing how I would grow in an instant if I could and the only reason I don't is because I live in TX

10. #10 alpharettatoker, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011

I live in a state that has way more strict laws on marijuana than texas hell Il do 5 years MMS for 10 plants and Im still out there my point is the only person stoppin you from seein and growin these beautiful plants is you. Marijuana plants just dont grow in medical states they will grow almost anywhere you plant em...

You just gota have the balls to do it and be able to accept the consequences IF you get caught

And I also believe growing is hardass work nothing about it is easy... why would you wanna do it for free? I belive in making a living on my work not just doin it for nothing

11. Gotta agree with alpharettatoker. It's hard work. And you are one of thousands with the same idea. Plus at least in CO you can't just move there and work in a dispensary. You need 9 months residency to get your card, and 2 years to work at a dispensary. Not 100% sure on those numbers, but I am pretty sure. I used to live, and grow in CO.

12. I agree with Alpharetta. The last thing people need to do is flock out west for the new gold rush. The way I see it is the only way us Eastcoasters and Gulfcoasters will see improvement overall is to do just what they did out west- OVERGROW!! I live in a hotspot in Florida, and the positive effects of such a large number of people growing and cohabitating(not ripping) has tremendously reduced the paranoia factor. The last thing we need is for likeminded individuals to uproot. Around here in the last 10 years it's went from 10 plants to make the news to 1500 plants to make the news. We have seen our first few Mexican grows like the one that got popped this year with 1500, but in the end it just means LEO isn't flying over old chicken coops and back yards anymore.

13. #13 Cocakilla, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    It needs to become legalized everywhere so ppl don't have to worry about moving in order to do something they love.
    If your willing to work your ass off, then do a well planned grow where chances of it being seen by anyone are minimal.
    And because marijuana isn't decriminalized under federal law, it's still illegal to grow anywhere in the U.S. (including decriminalized states) << Laws are fucked up some times.

14. Save 1000 dollars. Buy some fem seeds of the Internet. Mother em. Make clones. Plant. Grow. Hire people to help harvest n trim. Then u have it mad. U can grow about 40 plants with that 1000 u saved. Including dirt and nutrients n shit. U can make at least 35-40 Gs of that thousand u saved for all the shut u needed to start.

15. [quote name='"ca outlaw tc"']Save 1000 dollars. Buy some fem seeds of the Internet. Mother em. Make clones. Plant. Grow. Hire people to help harvest n trim. Then u have it mad. U can grow about 40 plants with that 1000 u saved. Including dirt and nutrients n shit. U can make at least 35-40 Gs of that thousand u saved for all the shut u needed to start.[/quote]

I'm with him ^