Not using soap or shampoo

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crunge, Jun 26, 2012.

haven't read the whole thing... but there are a number of natural things you can use to clean yourself without chemicals. i've been on that wagon for a while.
    start with dr. bronner's soap.

more stuff to consider: shea butter, tea tree oil, turmeric powder mix, coconut oil, lime.

2. #182 KFTGF, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Agree on the no shampoo but no soap is taking it a bit far, sure some soap is bad for your skin but if you get yourself the right bodywash or soap It's fine and will definitely be more hygienic. Plus If you work or do any activities where you can get dirty I'm sorry but water isn't enough to clean you.

Also it seems that the current trend is to look back at what humans did in the past throughout history as this somehow being natural and hence more beneficial health wise but history is riddled with cases of plagues wiping out civilizations and many diseases caused by terrible hygiene (although overcrowding and other factors were also present..). Personally I think everyone should use at least something to clean themselves if not soap something organic and if not every day and at least every other day.. Plus no matter how much your skin gets used to it if you live in a warm area or are active you're going to stink if you don't have deodorant on and don't use something to clean yourself.

LoL this thread is kind of gross to be honest.. 2-3 days without a shower? Do you live in the States or a third world country? No, seriously. My grandparents used "normal" soap, shampoo and toothpaste all their lives. My grandmother died at 86 and my grandfather's currently 92 so.. LoL you organic type folk look way too hard for ways to down modern technology and even cleanliness it seems..We're people, not animals.. I use soap and shower daily.. that's good hygiene.. My wife washes her hair every other day, and is also a hair dresser so she knows all about hair chemistry etc.. I'm aware of many shampoos that strip natural oils etc so I could feel ya on that.. But the soap thing is honestly kind of gross no offense. . I shower daily and by the next night I have b.o!... If I don't use deodorant before bed I will wake up with b.o! Should I mention I'm a man? The only time I didn't shower daily was when I was strung out on heroin lol.. 

4. Bitch your fuckin nasty as fuck.

5. ^^ ... Please dont tell me the Op is a woman! lol

6. [quote name="The Crunge" post="15024584" timestamp="1340740090"]plus there's no glycerin which coats your teeth. that shits bad.[/quote]Look at asia and europe and then compare to the usa.America has its health problems but the beneficial effects of brushing and flossing speak for themselves...Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I have to wash my hair because of my hair type (african american hair) which can become dry very easily and our scalp needs to be cleaned in some way unless dandruff/buildup can form really easily.

8. #188 Bamboobam, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    I would hope not. You gotta wash the cooch since it's an open organ that can build up a lot of bad bacteria if it's not washed daily.

9. ^^^^^ Haha that's what I'm saying . . 

no offense but u dont seem to be very clean

is it that u cant afford it or u just dont wanna use it?

i suggest u start using soap and shampoo because u probably really stink but ppl dont wanna be rude and tell u.

i hope u atleast use deodorant regularly 

11. Since this thread is about 2 years old I'd figure I'd give you guys an update on my hygiene.I went a year without soap and shampoo and traditional toothpaste. In those days I had short hair. No shampoo worked for me. I live in colorado at 7,000ft where the air is outrageously dry and thin. You don't really get sweaty here. Washing with only water worked for me. The baking soda/H202 works as a toothpaste but I switched to Tom's.I showered and brushed my teeth everyday.I have since grown hair past my shoulders and started using Dr. Bronner's for my whole body. This is how its been for a very long time. I feel just as clean as I did before I used Dr. Bronners. I also want you to know that I am, and always have been, a germaphobe. I have also learned to give less of a fuck about chemicals over the past two years. You guys are some very rude people by the way.

I'm sorry, I truly didnt mean to offend you.. It's just that I can't fathom such a thing because where I live and as a man I feel dirty by the end of the day or even before!  I too am a semi germaphobe and use hand sanitizer after touching cash, door knobs, you name it! lol .. I just feel like people go through all this stress and make their lives harder by worrying about trivial things like soap and toothpaste when there's much more important things to worry about in life! As I said, all my family members use soaps/ common toothpastes etc and have all lived into their 80's and beyond.. So no worries! Just enjoy life while you can, we're only here once :)  :wave:  

13. #193 washedmothafuka, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    You always make the weirdest threads dude.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #194 THEeric, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    a washrag and water works just fine to clean off...

i do take 1-3 showers a day (usually 2)

i run around and sweat my ass of every day

15. #195 MaxsVideoProd, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    I used my friends axe shit while ago, I hate the chemical smell it left..

Can't believe this bullshit is attractive to some. really, I never use those crazy soaps and shampoos since I found out about dr bronners..
    that other shit is made from petroleum (like as in fossil fuels) man.. c'mon Fellahs yall trippin

16. Omg dr bronners hemp soap? I'm in love with the peppermint one , best stuff ever. Very strong though. I use that with some Olay or aveeno so I don't smell like straight peppermint lol

17. Sometimes, I dilute it with water to less than 1/2 strength.. also good since it's pretty expensive after all.

18. You're not fully clean unless your Zest-fully clean! ;) Hahah j/k  :wave:

19. How could you possibly know what your balls smells like?

20. this guys cooky