Not using soap or shampoo

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crunge, Jun 26, 2012.

1. #1 The Crunge, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    Does anybody do this? I haven't used toothpaste, soap, or shampoo in a couple months.

I use water to get clean, and baking soda/peroxide as toothpaste.

I hate using unnecessary chemicals on my body.

2. I hate smelling like ass. So no, I don't do that.

3. too bad i don't smell like ass

4. Shampoo is mandatory but the others you can go without.

5. Those who smell like ass,never realize they smell like ass.

6. [quote name='"l James l"']Shampoo is mandatory but the others you can go without.[/quote]

not necessarily. most things like dirt and sweat easily come off with water.

if you were to swim in used motor oil, then i could see the need for soap, but i haven't used soap in a while. I don't stink, my skin isn't oily or dirty, and my balls and armpits don't stink anymore.

plus I'm keeping my natural pheromones by not washing them away with harsh chemicals, so i have a natural "bitches come to me" scent

[quote name='"sk8njam"']Those who smell like ass,never realize they smell like ass.[/quote]

I've asked several people if I stunk, and they all said I smell fine.

I still shower, so i'm clean as fuck, I just don't use soap so i can keep my ph balance normal and my natural oils balanced.

7. I started making my own toothpaste a few weeks ago with baking soda peroxide and peppermint oil,it feels good to know exactly whats in there instead of chemicals I can't even pronounce.

8. [quote name='"SmokinGirlTx"']I started making my own toothpaste a few weeks ago with baking soda peroxide and peppermint oil,it feels good to know exactly whats in there instead of chemicals I can't even pronounce.[/quote]

plus there's no glycerin which coats your teeth. that shits bad.

9. I've heard nothing but good things using baking soda for toothpaste. My friends mom used baking soda as toothpaste and her teeth looked fine. It seems like I have sensitive hair and if I shampoo everyday my hair gets dry and brittle. If I don't shampoo my hair looks 'stiff' and a little greasy. I got a buzz cut today so I don't have to worry about that anymore but when I had long hair shampoo was the bane of my existence lol.

10. yeah, i had shoulder length hair, and the shampoo had my hair so trained that i couldn't do anything with it. plus i had all these split ends, so i shaved my head last month and now I'm starting over.

11. I love that scent.

I definitely cannot go without using bodywash of some kind...I just wouldn't feel clean.

I use these two products,

Shower Gel | Ulta.com - Makeup, Perfume, Salon and Beauty Gifts
    C. Booth Triple Action Bath, Shower & Hair Wash Revitalizing Rosemary Mint Revitalizing Rosemary Mint Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

TOGETHER, and it smells great! Like mint chocolate..:p

12. I couldn't go without washing my hair, but I'm a girl and it's long, so I would look like a hot greasy mess if I stopped.

I use Dr. Bronner's all in one soap. It's organic, and good as a shampoo and body wash. I also have a bottle of organic conditioner I picked up at whole foods.

13. [quote name='"hazyyjane"']I couldn't go without washing my hair, but I'm a girl and it's long, so I would look like a hot greasy mess if I stopped.

I use Dr. Bronner's all in one soap. It's organic, and good as a shampoo and body wash. I also have a bottle of organic conditioner I picked up at whole foods.[/quote]

your hair will only be greasy until your natural oils balance out, which is only about 1 week, 2 weeks max.

14. i've been seriously thinking about dropping the unnecessary washes and soaps that people use nowadays. looking in the store it's disturbing to see how much different crap they make and want us to buy. i'm just scared for what my hair will look like in that transition phase for when it sorts itself out haha.

15. Wear a hat.:p

16. I don't use shampoo or toothpaste either, baking soda all the way! Plus it's better for my dreadlocks.

17. [quote name='"dankzombie"']I don't use shampoo or toothpaste either, baking soda all the way! Plus it's better for my dreadlocks.[/quote]

what about soap?

18. That I do use. What is your alternative for it?

19. Water. Sweat and dirt come off easily with water.
    That is, if you scrub. All soap does is loosens up the dirt and sweat and shit. Getting clean as clean as you would be using soap, without using soap is 100% possible. Plus, I don't stink anywhere.

I found that when I used soap, I would start to stick 2-3 days after my last shower. Now that I don't use soap, it takes around a week for me to stink, and it isn't as... stinky.

I only use soap on my hands, because my hands get dirty faster than any other body part, so soap really helps get the shit off my hands.

It's almost as if soap ruins your body's "stink control".