not tripping with dxm

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sam42012, Dec 14, 2008.

1. alright well on friday night i downed 18 gell caps and chilled in my friends room. He was telling me about how good it was to trip (he took 32 c's one time). I didn't feel much except for a drunkish weird feeling. I was pissed that i didnt trip. so the next day i downed a shot of zicam cough spray max and it still didn't do much. Does this mean i have a high tolerance or somethin? how much should i take to trip balls im 6'3" and 225 pounds and i think im going to take the zicam cough spray. thanks

2. #2 Cameron8679, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    First of all, be sure that you're using meds with DXM as the only active ingredient; anything else usually just makes for a worse (ie, more nauseating/body load/unwanted side effects) experience.

From the looks of your post it sounds like you were using DXM-only gelcaps. In which case, you would have ingested two-hundred and seventy milligrams of DXM. With my tolerance, this would be enough for exactly what you described, ie a "drunkish weird feeling", especially for someone of your build and weight. However, if this is your first time using DXM, you should have definitely felt more than slightly intoxicated. Gel caps also take about 2 hours to fully come up, and the feeling of them bursting in your stomach all at once is not an enjoyable one in the least, so they're not really my preferred method of dosing.

I would recommend Zicam Nite Cough Max Spray for you, although it has been very difficult to find in retail establishments for the past few years; online ordering or using Amazon should result in you still being able to find some though. It's 533mg DXM in a 5% alcohol solution: extremely concentrated, extremely potent. I guarantee it will knock anyone on their ass, even those with years of DXM use under their belt.

If you'd rather just get your DXM from the local stores, then go for Zicam Cough Max Spray. 391mg of DXM in a fairly concentrated solution; thus its come-up, peak, and comedown are all extremely quicker but fairly more intense than other methods of dosing DXM.

Another thing about Zicam products. Because they are so intensely concentrated, their ingestion results in differing amounts of one of DXM's primary active metabolites, DXO, in your system at the time of the trip. Higher amounts of DXO result in more of a noticeable and pleasurable body high when compared to DXM. In contrast, DXM's effects are more dissociating and mentally altering than those of DXO. You can even control the ratios of these two chemicals in your body by using Zicam as your source, and dosing 1-2 hours apart. See, if you dose a second time an hour or two after you're already tripping from your first dose, the enzyme in your liver that is responsible for converting DXM into DXO is already being used. This means that less DXM is converted into DXO, resulting in more of a dissociating and mind-bending trip. Just the same, if you dose multiple doses all at once, especially of Zicam, you'll experience higher levels of DXO compared to DXM, and thus feel more physically euphoric (pleasurable body high, euphoria linked to motion as with most dissociatives).

[​IMG]

One of these should have you altered much more than a light drunken/intoxicated feeling. Two of them and you'll be absolutely tripping balls for the better half of 8 hours.

Also, did you puke when you dosed? Puking soon after dosing (before 60 minutes w/ gel caps, before 20 minutes w/ Zicam) would most definitely explain why you didn't trip: all of the drugs come back up before they can make it to your brain in sufficient quantities. Also, try to dose on a mostly empty stomach. I prefer to eat some crackers or have a light snack about 1-2 hours before I dose, makes it easier on the gut.

Good luck in the future, I think if you take two shots worth (2 bottles) of Zicam Cough Max Spray (or ZiMax as its known among dexheads), you will be absolutely fucked, but in a good way. At least, after the horrible nausea, sweating, itching, and feelings of impending death (ie "Why did I do this to myself!?) pass :D

3. good inf +rep. but actually no i didn't throw up at all. I was about to with the gel caps but was able to manage it. I think im going to try again next weekend except with 2 shots of zicam max.

4. do the math to figure out how many mg's of dex is in a 4oz bottle of robo cough max, and take that amount. you will get off then ;)

5. I would wait 2 weeks between doses. I'm starting to notice it being addicting a couple days ago. The need for it goes away in about 24 hours or so after using it. That's a major step up on dosing as well. You will probably trip. Like 780 mg's will put you in a 3rd plateau dose.