Not sure where to post this .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Massmeds420, May 27, 2017.

1. But I'm growing indoors so I'll post it here . I'm using cheap o fabric pots from amazon . And I'm growing some white rhino and I'm seeing roots at the top towards the medium . Does this mean I am not watering enough or it just needs a bigger home ? Thanks [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Also what size pot you guys reccomend to flower in i only have a 3x3 tent and already two in 5 gallon pots .. thanks

3. Damn..I am using 5 gallon Fabric pots too(No problems)..should be big enough for a 3x3x6.(I use one too)..I would suggest moving
    some soil up around the exposed roots asap..
    More info plz..your lighting? Soil type?, Watering habits etc would help the members here..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Could you possibly have displaced some loose soil that was over the root during watering or anything like that?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Green tree Ithaca blend soil . I guess it's consisted of a bunch if micros and what not . Using cmh for the lighting . I used the lift pot method up until a week or two ago when they got put into fabric pots then I just started using knuckle .

6. I'm sorry man I have horrible grammar and basic reading skills lol .. your asking if I moved some soil while watering?

7. Here's more pics I've never grown a plant before period . Prob time to transplant again maybe idk [​IMG]

8. No worries, yeah when I water it throws soil around and I have to kinda finger it back into place. It would probably look like yours if I left it for a bit. The soil on top directly under the light dries out quicker and almost goes dusty

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buzzer how many you flowering in that 3x3 and is that 5 gallon big enough to flower ?
    [​IMG]

10. lighting sounds great..I am not familiar with Ithaca blend soil, but looked it up and If I read correctly,..already has nutes?..Careful here..not sure what is in there!! ie: their own "special blend"JMHO

BTW: your grow looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea it's a hot soil I guess .. Started seeds in it didn't feed anything for first month or so . I really have no idea about flowering and what to do there so I'm just gonna take it easy .. from what I understand you can go start to finish on this soil and get a harvest . Appreciate the input .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cannabis has its own special needs..I highly recommend adding a little backstrp Molasses..feeds the soil and not the plants..:) I got a gallon of it for $15usd at the local grow shop.

13. I only use 10ml per gallon every other watering.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm using great white mykros ever 2 watering and sometimes bio marine from general organic grow box . Isn't that made to do the same thing as molasses tho and feed the microorganism ? If it can't harm it to use that as well I will but do you know anything about that ?

15. not really..looked into them, but the molasses was my choice for price alone..sounds you are on top of it :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Any size of plant can be flowered .., when check for the sex of a plant I have thrown unrooted clones into flower they will produce lollipop buds 4-8 grams of buds each. So plant size is up to the grower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. I use the general rule of thumb of one gallon per 1-2 foot of plant. Roots on top is a issue caused by watering too fast in fabric pots, maybe break up the top couple of inches of roots that are too thick to let water penetrate a healthy plant won't be affected and add more soil if possible? fabric pots are great but you have to water slower and make sure the bottom is gettin saturated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking great for your first grow. Id just add an extra few cm of soil on top to cover that root up, its probably caused by the soil being washed away by watering. Id repot the ones in smaller pots as you don't want to risk em getting rootbound. Apart from that everything looks good

Sent from my D5503 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nothing to worry about your plants are healthy. Very lush . That happens to me every now and then, I noticed it happens when my plants get bushy and light doesn't penetrate underneath anymore. You have healthy roots growing nothing to worry about. Even happening to my self in my dwc and some in coco.

Tahoe Sap DWC ~ Obi Wan OG + Square Dance in Coco.

• Like Like x 1