Not sure whats going on

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by m4s73r, Nov 6, 2013.

1. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro? SOIL
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? INDOORS
    What strain? NOT SURE. INDICA BAGSEED
    How old are the plants? 3 WEEKS
    What type of lights and how many watts? T5 VEG 4 BULB
    How far from the lights? 4-8 INCHES
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? EVERY 3 DAYS OR SO. TAP WATER
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? FF TRIO QUARTER STRENGTH
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 72 F 54%
    What size pots? GALLON SMART POTS
    Any bugs? Look real close. NONE THAT I CAN SEE

Woke up this morning and several of my girls look like this. Not sure what it is.

Attached Files:

2. Ph level? Potassium is the problem. Either locked out or not enough in nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Manganese deficiency. Give a flush and a dose of micro nutrients. Also what's your runoff ph?

Sent from my NSA recording device.

4. Actually after looking closer at those pics and the leaves in the background is say its many deficiencies (nitrogen, potassium, iron, manganese, etc) so as zombie said either lockout or not enough nutes. Need to know ph

5. I dont really test the run off. My tap water comes out at 8.5. So I alter it down to 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Ok well you need to do a runoff test

7. Here is my issue ive bought 3 ph meters and none of them ever show anything different then 7. Here lately ive been using the drops.

8. Runoff is showing 6

9. Plain and simple you're frying the shit out of them.

Checking runoff ph is useless. Dont bother....every organic grower will tell you as such. The soilnacts as a buffer and the ph coming out will ebb and flow as the soil ages. Check the ph going in....that's it otherwise you'll end up chasing your tail amd driving yourself crazy.

Flush that poor thing with 3 times the volume of the pot with ph proper water. Do not feed for another two weeks....only water.

10. Thats what I thought about the ph.

11. Well thats a pretty downer thing to say. This isnt my first grow. Just the first time I have seen this. Im having a hard time thinking im over feeding them. Normally that shows in the leaf tips first.

12. That's what I'm saying, either they need more food or its being locked out. They're not "burned to shit" they're dying from deficiencies. Don't listen to mister organic since you're not doing organics. Ph is very important since if its not in range your plant cannot uptake.

13. Well I leveled out 3 gallons of tap water amd flushed the plant. Ill give it 24 hours and hit it with big bloom and grow big and see what's up.

14. Did you get the runoff up into the mid 6's? FFOF does not have enough lime in it for ph buffering so if your going in at 6 your soil ph will probably around 5 or maybe lower causing lockout.
    Also FFOF only has enough nutrients in it to last 2-3 weeks at most so even if your ph is in range they'll be out of food by now.

15. #15 piratechefny, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    You dont have to be a blithering asshole stumpie....its pretty common knowledge that checking runoff in organic is silly. I don't grow organic but I've talked with plenty who do and that's what they'll tell you. The guy is using a pretty hot soil AND adding nutrients. Theres no doubt he needs to flush that soil out and refrain from feeding until they tell him.

If you insist on chasing your tail bothering with runoff in organic (or at all without considering the EC as well) that's just dandy....those with half a clue know better.

Please make your points without the insults-PF

16. He's not using organics and FF is only hot to seedlings. By now it's depleted.

If it was too much they would be burnt, not showing deficiencies.

17. He's using an organic base....what is so hard to understand about that I don't know. Is he soilless? No. Is he hydro? Nope...try again. The fucking medium is organic, which is what causes ph to fluctuate, regardless of additives.

Since you want to be little miss smarty twat i must ask...how long have you been braindead and do you know what trolling is?

18. Oh... I brought up the nutrients to back up my assertion that he's got too much shit in his medium; HOT soil plus nutrients on a young small plant equals overfert and likely lockouts. It doesn't change the effect of an organic medium on ph. If he were in promix it would be a different story...he isn't. Get it?

19. Wow, ok I see what's going on. Soil and organics are COMPLETELY different. Organics uses composts and compost tea. He's using big bloom and grow big. Commercial chemical fertz. The soil doesn't make it organic.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. "I see what's going on"

No......you don't. A soil base acts the same whether you add teas or not.