Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not sure what to do....

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by twistedtoker, Feb 12, 2014.

1. So I don't do forums much, but I had a question that I figured would be good.

So my friend and I just got into smoking a few months back. We were roommates at the time and he new a dealer, and we both were curious about weed so we decided to try it. Needless to say it was awesome, and from then on we became "weed brothers" and usually only smoked when the other was around. And  we would split the cost whenever we bought more. Then after a few weeks, his family found out that he smoked, but they were cool about it. His dad and brother actually gave him some of their stash for free. He actually got several jars of it. So after that we had been pretty set for a while and didn't need to buy more.

However, I moved out recently, but still go hang out with him a lot. But now he's asked me to start paying him for the weed. Now he was pretty cool about it, saying that for 20 bucks I can smoke up as much as I want for the weekend, which is really awesome under normal circumstances. I am paying him, but I guess my only objection is that he got all of his stash for free, which to me seems like something you would just share with a "weed brother". I can understand the situation though, because it could be that he's just worired about running out eventually, but when that happens I figured we'd just go back to splitting the cost to get more.

So I guess my question is, am I just being a cheap, jealous friend, or should he share his stash because I'm the friend he usually smokes with, and all of his weed didn't cost him anything?

Any input is welcome, or if you have a similar story feel free to share.

2. I understand where you're coming from man, but every man has to make good money, and it seems like a good deal!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yea that's what I was thinking, it's just good to hear it from other people.

4. personally, I'd be mad as shit. I would NEVER make someone pay me to smoke em up ESPECIALLY if I got it for free and and am not selling it. But that's just me, I can't stand it when people expect you to give em something in return(unless they never have weed or never smoke me out) that's just some stingy shit. Like I can't stand it haha like I remember I was with my cousin and we called up a friend, and when he got there my cousin was like yeah dude we're dry, smoke us out. and he straight up said naaaah why am I gonna smoke you out if you got no weed. and after that I never smoked him out, he didn't even tell me that he told that to my cousin but it made me so mad that when he's hanging at my cousins house and I go, I pack hella bowls and skip him and tell him why should I smoke him out if he has no weed, and he just stays quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Honestly I was upset at first because he is a stingy dude, always has been. I don't really see him being at a point where he'll just let me smoke up totally free anymore, but I figure it's better than nothing. I mean I think he's cool if I just wanna get a hit or two, but if we're gonna be smokin the whole weekend he wants to be compensated. But he smokes a lot on his own now too, so he might run out soon enough, and we can go back to our original arrangement.

6. I don't think he's being cheap, I mean his stash is his stash and he has no obligation to smoke you out every time you smoke with him. Even if he gets his shit for free, someone is still paying for it.

I don't think you have a right to be upset that he's not giving you his stash. 

I guess it depends on financial situations and all that, but if someone kept coming over to smoke and didn't bring any weed every time than that would get pretty annoying to be honest. I'm not saying your a cheap dude or anything, but I would want to be compensated as well if I'm constantly burning you. 

Think of it this way, I bet your friend has saved you quite a bit of money by burning you out. All he's asking for in return is a fraction of that saved money.

7. It's not a bad situation, it's actually pretty good. I just keep trying to think of what I would do in his situation, but I'm always doing shit for people without anything in return. But that doesn't mean that's how it should be. Plus we talked it out and we're both cool and everything with our deal. I was only upset at first because I realized no more free weed lol, but I guess I was just lucky for the time that it was free. Glad to see the different responses though.

8. have you ever offered him jar fulls of free weed?

it certainly isnt unreasonable for him to ask for some money here and there imo

9. It's his weed, pay him if you want some

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Wtf pay the man.  Why are you complaining about all you can smoke for $20?

Your "weed brother" is right in every way for him to start asking for money.  If he over charges you that is one thing, but damn.

You cant get something for free and expect it to always remain free, just doesn't work that way.

11. #11 Mr Moose, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    straight up man, its his stash of weed. came from his dad and whatnot but i mean its his/his family's ganj. so him asking for some cash isnt a bad thing. i mean if your dad gave you a half ounce and your friend was constantly coming over to to smoke it with you, wouldn't you kinda feel used?

i would of set up a chill way for things to work out. if i were you i would just pay him once n a while based on how much you've smoked with him in the last little while, and not make him ask for money cuz then shit gets a little less fun when youre always asking for money or feeling used if you dont ask

maybe you could also just buy him food sometimes when you guys go out somewhere, or something like that just to repay the favour