Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not sure what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Codee, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Okay. So I used to smoke like every other day. I loved the feeling of being high and I loved listening to music and just feeling like I'm in a whole new world. But recently I haven't had time to buy or smoke weed. It's been 2 weeks and it's probably going to be 3 soon. I feel like I should just stop entirely. I'm not sure if it's even worth it anymore. What should I do? Should I wait till I can get weed and see how I truly feel or just give up on weed? Thanks.

2. Why stop?

3. If you wanna, do it. If you don't wanna, don't.
    Probably doesn't help, but at the end of the day that's how it is. Only you can prevent forest fires.

4. [quote name='"S0UR"']Why stop?[/quote]

Because I haven't smoked in so long and now I'm wondering if I should even start again. I almost feel like it's not even worth it to start again. I don't know what to do.

5. [quote name='"Codee"']

Because I haven't smoked in so long and now I'm wondering if I should even start again. I almost feel like it's not even worth it to start again. I don't know what to do.[/quote]

Two weeks without smoking is not a long time...

6. [quote name='"Codee"']

Because I haven't smoked in so long and now I'm wondering if I should even start again. I almost feel like it's not even worth it to start again. I don't know what to do.[/quote]

worth what? You havent told us a single downside for you....

All you've said is that you smoked, loved it, and then couldn't for a bit. I see no reason to stop? You need to elaborate, or you're worrying over absolutely nothing.

7. Do you have a high income job? Will smoking put your job at risk? Do you get drug tested? Are you behind on bills?

8. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

worth what? You havent told us a single downside for you....

All you've said is that you smoked, loved it, and then couldn't for a bit. I see no reason to stop? You need to elaborate, or you're worrying over absolutely nothing.[/quote]

He's right. You're worrying for no reason. You like weed right? So what if you can't smoke it all the time? Why would that make you want to quit?

9. if you've already gone this long without smoking or buying, then just don't. if you're at a party and get smoked up by some friends, then that's cool. just focus on your finances and make sure you are comfortable with your life before you bring weed back in it. this is what separates meth-heads from us, you have the mind-set to do what's right first. weed isn't going anywhere, it will always be waiting. just think of it as more of a BREAK then flatout stopping. as long as you have a peace of mind and aren't thinking about weed 24/7, then i believe you are on the right path and you shouldn't let anything get in the way.

"THE WEED WILL FIND YOU AGAIN WHEN THE TIME COMES." - Yoda from Star Wars

10. You have to genuinely want to stop to actually quit. If you're just stopping for no real reason at all, you probably end up smoking again somewhere down the line.

11. what do you mean "start" you've already started. just smoke when you can man it's like a vacation.

12. [quote name='"DAVlD"']just smoke when you can man it's like a vacation.[/quote]

Words to live by.:smoke:

13. It doesn't really matter... its like asking if you should give up coffee.
    so do whatever you want. :]

14. All this talk of "starting" and "stopping" is making it sound like cigarettes or heroin. It's just weed... when you feel like smoking, text up your dealer, buy some, smoke. When you don't feel like it, don't smoke. Simple.

15. Whatever happens, happens

16. Yeah guys I should've said why I'm thinking about not continuing. Basically, I'm wondering if it's even worth continuing. For example I love playing the guitar. If I couldn't play guitar for a few weeks I'd definitely try to start up again because guitar is important to me. But I'm not sure if I should start up weed again because I feel like its not really important. I like it, but do I really need it? Maybe I shouldn't try to do it all the time and make it an every so often kind of thing.

17. [quote name='"Codee"']

why don't you just smoke when u want to smoke? u dont need to carry around a huge sign that says "marijuana user" or "non-marijuana user" all day, so why act like youre bound to either course just because u havent bought in a few weeks.

[quote name='"imprettygood"']if you've already gone this long without smoking or buying, then just don't. if you're at a party and get smoked up by some friends, then that's cool. just focus on your finances and make sure you are comfortable with your life before you bring weed back in it. this is what separates meth-heads from us, you have the mind-set to do what's right first. weed isn't going anywhere, it will always be waiting. just think of it as more of a BREAK then flatout stopping. as long as you have a peace of mind and aren't thinking about weed 24/7, then i believe you are on the right path and you shouldn't let anything get in the way.

"THE WEED WILL FIND YOU AGAIN WHEN THE TIME COMES." - Yoda from Star Wars[/quote]

this guy hasnt said anything about why he would quit... why r u assuming that he should stop?

[quote name='"Zizzy"']You have to genuinely want to stop to actually quit. If you're just stopping for no real reason at all, you probably end up smoking again somewhere down the line.[/quote]

why would it be bad if he started again....?

[quote name='"9D3"']All this talk of "starting" and "stopping" is making it sound like cigarettes or heroin. It's just weed... when you feel like smoking, text up your dealer, buy some, smoke. When you don't feel like it, don't smoke. Simple.[/quote]

this. why is everyone acting like its intervention or something? the op seems really wierd, like he's just thinking he should quit forever just because he hasnt done it two weeks... and then instead of quitting he just posts this on gc.

18. [quote name='"Codee"']Yeah guys I should've said why I'm thinking about not continuing. Basically, I'm wondering if it's even worth continuing. For example I love playing the guitar. If I couldn't play guitar for a few weeks I'd definitely try to start up again because guitar is important to me. But I'm not sure if I should start up weed again because I feel like its not really important. I like it, but do I really need it? Maybe I shouldn't try to do it all the time and make it an every so often kind of thing.[/quote]

You seem to be approaching it like it's a bad thing. Like it's something you need a really good reason to do. I play guitar as well, and I agree its very different from that, but it can still have a comfortable place in your life.

But why not treat it like other parts of your life? If the enjoyment/satisfaction you get out of smoking weed outweighs the financial or any other personal ramifications, then by all means smoke up.

If you don't feel like it, don't like it, can't afford it, or any other reason, then don't smoke right now. But why decide how you're going to live the rest of your life right now?

If you think you've been smoking too much, cut down. You obviously don't need it, but tbh, needing it is a sign you should stop, not the reverse.