Not sure what this is? Seems to be getting worse?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stanky1234, May 8, 2017.

1. Hey guys i posted before and cant seem to find any of the stickys i had saved or my old posts but what does this look like to you? I havnt watered in few days incase of over watering and. I made a seedling mix of peat moss compost/ewc and perlite and added 1 cup kelp meal 1 cup crab shell meal 1 cup dol. lime but then added a starting fert it said so added half cup of that but that was npk 3 6 4 so thought it could have burned my planta so i had some dr. Earth soil so i transplanted into that 5 days ago but seemed to get worse... The leaves are curling upwards and burnt tips and its spreading? Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. kelp meal and crab meal have npk value also. the mix probably had to nutrient cycle for a few weeks as it was too hot im thinking and burnt the plant

3. That what i was kinda thinking but the mix sat for 2 weeks before i planted in it.. But maybe that start fert was to much with the crab meal and kelp? So i transplanted them into a dr. Earth bagged soil .. I had it so was hopeing it would help but seems to be gettin worse? I read the bottom leaves usually die after a few weeks and the plant is maturing but still whats up with the burnt tips and the curling upwards like that? Been hopeing it would just stop but not sure?

4. im just now nute cycling a 15g pot for no-till its only on day 9 was told 3-4weeks but i have lots in it 2 cups each of 3 different foods 2c azomite almost 2cup kelp. bio-tone i used has the good stuff to kick it off. as well as few of the other foods had benificial bacteria. hope someone with experience will answer for you cause im just kicking off my organics

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That sounds like u got some good stuff going buddy! Hope all goes well for ya!! And yea i hope someone with experience comes across this cause i only have this plants and getting alittle worried about them lol

6. The burnt tips and curling is from a hot soil. The half cup of fertilizer along with additional amendments is what did it. Your soil looks pretty soaked too, I'd slow down on the watering.

I'm not sure if dr. Earths comes with nutrients but if it does you just went from one hot soil to another.

• Agree Agree x 1

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. You need to move the light source close they're stretching for it. I'd leave them in the dr E for now and just let them do their thing. Hold off on the watering until the pots are nice and light when you lift them.

Good luck !

9. Ok thanks buddy... Its a small little florescent but ill keep it close it should get nice out soon and ill be moving them out Outside at least a few hours a day