Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not sure if this has already been said....

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Southernkush11, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I shared this with everyone in my dorm and they all loved it so i figured i should share it with yall,
    i recently had my first flu, and it was beyond terrible. i had no appetite, sore throat, agitated lungs, deep clogged up cough, body ache, couldnt sleep, and the usual terrible fever (103F at one point). The first morning was going terribly, minus missing class, and i really wanted to hit my bong. i hesitated though because i didnt want to make my fever worse by smoking. after some research, i found out that thc is a fever reducer, i also recognized that weed could aid some of my other symptoms (appetite, insomnia, and body aches) due to the increase in seritonin and endorphins. obviously, smoking could be avoided through vaporizing, if available, or baking.
    Thus marijuana is proven a highly effective medicine against the common fever, which is seriously a fucking bitch if youve ever had it

2. Yes, it has been said before, but it bears repeating! Cannabis is good for aches and pains, lowers the body temperature and everyone knows about the munchies!

Now for a lot more research in a nice neat package, just click that first link in my sig and READ! (might help get your mind off your miseries!)

Granny :wave:

Ps- fenugreek tea (health food store) also helps open the lungs. With a little honey, it tastes like maple syrup - honest! Slippery elm tea is good for sore throats. Yarrow tea is also good for you when you have a cold. Cannabis tea doesn't taste too bad either, and although THC is not water soluble, there are many other helpful chemicals in cannabis that are! So, after your "cuppa", you can re-dry the bud and toke it later! [​IMG]

3. Yea in the long-run it's not gonna help that flu at all though. I had the flu about 3 weeks ago and the same deal for me, it's only the 2nd time I've ever had it and it was awful. I almost passed out walking to the doctor, I had a fever of 103.5 for around an hour and it was another 2 hours before it finally got down to a normal level again.

I was the same way though, hesistant to smoke, but I did, and it made it feel better temporarily, but I also had a cough last about 2 weeks after the flu went away which I personally don't think would have persisted had I not smoked.

The flu is a virus, which means you simply have to let your body treat it. Correct me if I'm wrong but last time I checked MJ has a moderate suppressing effect on the body's immune system, meaning it makes it harder for your body to combat the virus