not sure if just ph orrrrr ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by markjonesss, Mar 30, 2012.

1. heyheyyy if anyone can help it would be sweet! what kind of deficiency does it look like?

i know i need to lower my ph.. could this be the only issue or what else should i look out for.

not a first time grower at all but i'm still novice.

pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for reading, and i appreciate any help.
    thank you grass city![​IMG]

2. Appears to be a trace element problem. Seems like not all the leaves show these symptoms. Don't think it's PH. Plants likely have depleted the iron, calcium or magnesium that's not being replaced adequately by your feeding program.

3. That's Phosphorus deficiency. High pH often locks out P and could be contributing to the problem. Increasing P levels probably won't help much until the soil pH is corrected.

4. [quote name='"Jellyman"']That's Phosphorus deficiency. High pH often locks out P and could be contributing to the problem. Increasing P levels probably won't help much until the soil pH is corrected.[/quote]

Ya I was thinking phosphorus. Do you know the easiest way to lower ph in soil?

Appreciate the replies, y'all!

5. For small to medium adjustments, I like to water & feed with solutions pH'd to come out at the right value after mixing with the soil. For example, if the soil is pH 7.5 then I'd use a pH 5.5 liquid so that when combined, it ends up at pH 6.5. Each time you water or feed, the acidity will further neutralize the excessive alkalinity. Once you get to transplant time or the next crop, change your soil recipe so that the problem doesn't occur anymore.

There are also more aggressive soil acidifiers but I haven't used that sort of product in a long enough time that I can't provide a knowledgeable suggestion.

Make sure you're getting an accurate reading before adjusting the soil pH. How are you testing & what's your reading?

6. i'm using an electronic tester and it said 7.3 yesterday.

so next watering i should use a solution that comes out to 5.5?

7. 5.7 or so, yeah.

8. thank you sir