Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

not sure how to approach my friends

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by combineelite, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Hey guys, first time poster here. I've never smoked before, but i am interested in trying it at some point.

I have a group of friends i hang out with everyday, and they openly admit to smoking. I am 'the shy one'.

So how should i tell one of them that im interested in toking? I always get nervous and don't do it, idk why it's so awkward for me. My brother also smokes, and the same problem occurs.

TL;DR: how should i get over my shyness when it comes to pot?

2. Hang out with them the next time they all sit down and smoke, and then simply ask, can I have a hit?
    Every time I'm in a group and someone new decides today is the day to try it, everyone gets so excited and helps him/her out, totally awesome experience. :)

3. Grow a pair? No, but seriously, just man up and say "let me hit that shit today". They may pause and hold back a laugh for a second like in the movies, but once you light up, it'll all be good times.

4. THIS. i love popping that smoking cherry

5. i say smoke with your brother first to gain tolerance. then hang out with your friends and smoke, then....clear the bong like a champ. their minds will be blown :eek:

6. i agree, just act like its normal for you to smoke.
    oh and gl!

7. Just ask dude! Most people would love to smoke you up for your first time!

8. alright, thanks for the tips guys. lets see how this goes.

9. Be sure to post how it goes man, enjoy the experience!

10. Remember to update us on how it went! :D :smoking:

11. its not hard at all bro they will be stoked.
    like i knew this dude back in school he'd come up to me and be like "smoke one rastaaaaaaa"
    and we would.
    and that would be like the whole conversation haha:cool:

12. Don't be shy. Don't think of smoking like if you do it wrong you'll be banned from it for life. I've smoked with a lot of people for their first time and the one thing I've noticed is that they don't actually INHALE. Most of them will suck the smoke into their mouths and blow it out, but really you need to get it in your lungs like it's you're last gasp for air haha. Have fun, you're just inhaling smoke. Plus, your with your bro's. If anything they probably want you to smoke with them.

13. i had the same problem beleive me. what i did was i bought my supplies to smoke. pipe n all. dont know if you have a job or source of income but that helped alot. when i got it all together i asked to smoke them out. im work with my dealer. but youll find that inner strength plus smoking with people before them or even by yourself to see how you handle it. i hope this helps

14. bring water because the smoke will most likely be really hard on your lungs since ur just starting

15. Yeah just act like it's something you do all the time.
    That's how I did it my homie took me to hit the bong for the first time and I milked it 4 times to the dome, was such an amazing time after that haha, launch pad ftw!

16. words of wisdom right here i forgot about this. its definetly important to bring water. its going to hurt your lungs

17. you may have already asked, but just ask em dude. id be stoked to introduce it to a friend for their first time personally